phone doesn't work while watching you tube?

todesto

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Hi, all
just as title says....
I was watching you tube, then all of sudden I get voice mail notice.
it seems all my calls were going to voicemail when watching you tube. I asked the caller later whether the phone was ringing then went voice mail or went to voicemail directly, but says it rang then went to VM:(

is this normal behavior? I never noticed this as I never was waiting for a call watching you tube to kill some time.

thanks in advance.

jpm

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
Were you on wifi or edge?
If you are on edge all calls will go to voicemail when using data services.

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
The data throughput on edge isn't quick enough to take voice and data from youtube at the same time.....Now if it was 3g...lol, theres a big enough bandwidth that you can be on youtube and still receive calls. Hopefully iPhone V2!

betty0920

Mar 27, 2008
I think the best solution is you download the youtube vids and watch them offline.

You can search "flv to iPhone" on google.com for more info.

Good luck.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Correct. If any kind of data is being transferred over EDGE, calls will be forwarded to voicemail.

I've missed about 20 calls this week without my Wi-Fi.

- John

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Correct. If any kind of data is being transferred over EDGE, calls will be forwarded to voicemail.

I've missed about 20 calls this week without my Wi-Fi.

- John

I know it totally sucks. Thing is it dosent usually forward straight to vm like it says in the manual. Usually it will just ring normally for the person calling you but will not ring on the receiving end. Then after 4 or 5 rings and the caller thinking youre ignoring them it will finally forward them to vm. Totally newbish implementation by Apple. What can you say? it is their first phone ever.

Posted fr. iPhone