Phone forgetting WiFi password

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
Life got better when I finally got a wireless router at the house a few weeks ago. But I've found that my iPhone occasionally 'forgets' the password for the network and I have to re-type it. Since it is 24 characters this is not a trivial task. It happened twice to me last night. It happens when I am on internet. A window will pop up saying the password for my network is incorrect and prompting me to re-enter it. Ignoring it will kick me back to Edge. Rebooting does nothing. I have to re-enter it.

So far my network is the only one this has happened with.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
I guess getting a shorter password would be better, but doesn't really fix the problem. You think the problem is in the router with it's firmware? It doesn't happen using my laptop on that network.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
I guess getting a shorter password would be better, but doesn't really fix the problem. You think the problem is in the router with it's firmware? It doesn't happen using my laptop on that network.
Different security protocols handshake in completely different ways. Some of the newer devices still speak slightly different dialects - switching backwards to WEP - although slightly less secure - will give you a more reliable connection. Betcha.

If there is a new firmware available for your router - i'd certainly update it.