Phone Freeze - advice please

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ocala

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Ocala, FL
Hi,

Just to put this in context...I love the iPhone!

Yesterday I had the phone freeze twice, the screen was unresponsive and then went black. The wake-up button initially had no effect. After about a minute the phone came back up and behaved normally, I was holding the home and start button at the same time when the phone came up.

At the time I was using the Griffin car charger, and had just changed wallpaper. The wallpapers came from the net, but I presume they're "vetted" during the transfer from iTunes.

The only other variable is the magnetic phone holder base, but this is 7" from the phone and has not been a problem for the month that I've had it.

Any advice? I bought the phone on opening day and I don't believe I could reproduce the event, but I'm concerned if it's something that will continue.

I know this is a silly question, but does anyone know how long the warranty is for, and if you would attempt to change-out the phone based on the above?

Thanks again all....

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
I had a similar problem and figured it out. I went to my GF house and her wifi was acting funny (they have been having problems with it). I put the password in and got a message saying could not connect to network. So I said eh whatever. About 2 min later my phone begins to freeze. I would do a reset and it would work for another 2 min and then same story. I didn't know why. As soon as I left her house, iPhone went back to normal. Same thing happened the next day. So I stepped out of her house, it was fine, back in, it froze. So for some reasons, wifi can cause the phone to freeze. I would suggest turning it off, or checking out the wifi and see if after you turn it off, if it works.

Ocala

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Ocala, FL
I had a similar problem and figured it out. I went to my GF house and her wifi was acting funny (they have been having problems with it). I put the password in and got a message saying could not connect to network. So I said eh whatever. About 2 min later my phone begins to freeze. I would do a reset and it would work for another 2 min and then same story. I didn't know why. As soon as I left her house, iPhone went back to normal. Same thing happened the next day. So I stepped out of her house, it was fine, back in, it froze. So for some reasons, wifi can cause the phone to freeze. I would suggest turning it off, or checking out the wifi and see if after you turn it off, if it works.

Thanks!

The phone WAS trying to connect to an unknown wifi at the time....:cool:

oab

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Phone Freeze

Had the same thing happen to me when I was out of town--the screen was black and the phone would not turn on. Not having the manual with me, I used my wife's phone to call Apple tech support. Got connected immediately (on a Friday afternoon) the technician instructed me to press both the start and home keys at the same time. Lo and behold after a short while a small gray Apple appeared then the full screen. All is well.