phone freezing up

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

charly

Jul 6, 2007
Has anyone experienced their iPhone freezing up and no way other than letting all the battery juice drain out to fix it, which take a while. There's no way to reset? I know no amount of trying to turn it completely off and back on did any good. Any suggestions or help? Thanks
Also, is it true that there will be no insurance offered for these phones? I was hoping that wasn't true@@@

Jul 16, 2007
FLORIDA
Has anyone experienced their iPhone freezing up and no way other than letting all the battery juice drain out to fix it, which take a while. There's no way to reset? I know no amount of trying to turn it completely off and back on did any good. Any suggestions or help? Thanks
Also, is it true that there will be no insurance offered for these phones? I was hoping that wasn't true@@@
Yes I've tried once, using Safari application going on MySpace.com it froze. But I've found a solution to it.

Press and hold the HOME and SLEEP MODE button together for more than 10 Seconds. let it restart and turn back your iPhone up again. It will wok fine

charly

Jul 6, 2007
Yes I've tried once, using Safari application going on MySpace.com it froze. But I've found a solution to it.

Press and hold the HOME and SLEEP MODE button together for more than 10 Seconds. let it restart and turn back your iPhone up again. It will wok fine
Thanks! I'll sure try that next time it happens.. :laugh2:

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007

ya mine froze up when I was taking a picture just did a restart and it was working fine.

Jul 15, 2007
Freezes about everytodays

My iPhone has been freezing up every two days. I have had to do three total restores. It happens when I am on the phone, on the web and even music. It seems to be the only thing. I have only 2 gig on an 8 gig unit. I have tried the reset and one time it took 8 hours to come back. Every day I think to my self Did I do the right thing. I don't have the heart to tell others about my issuess it may make me look bad. 650 is a lot of money. :mad:

Mine has worked great.... until two days ago. If I don't answer a call, sometimes it will continue to ring even after the caller has left a voice mail and hung up. If I hit the slide to answer, it will not work. I have to hit the up or down on the voice mail to get the screen functioning again then hit slide to answer and no one is there obviously. This has happened three times in the past two days. The last one I had left my phone at home while running to the store and my phone rang for 30 minutes straight even though the person calling had hung up 29 minutes prior.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Wow, bunch of new guys all in one place!

Let me just say "Welcome" to all of youse!
Good to see you here, and it's good to see that you are also finding your way through "issues" with the phone.

Note: If you wanna just do the reset BEFORE you see the problem, it may actually prevent it. Some ppl on the board actually just reset their phone every few days, like you would a computer. :)

Jul 15, 2007
Question about reset.

When you say reset, you mean home button and power?. Ihave had to restore mind every dat this week , It is also like at night it tells me restore me or else. I feel like i have a brick in my hands and want to just throw it out. but I will give it time.

Wow, bunch of new guys all in one place!

Let me just say "Welcome" to all of youse!
Good to see you here, and it's good to see that you are also finding your way through "issues" with the phone.

Note: If you wanna just do the reset BEFORE you see the problem, it may actually prevent it. Some ppl on the board actually just reset their phone every few days, like you would a computer. :)