phone froze on app and will not go back

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
hey i just happened to click on the myspace app i have and it went right to the screen but its just stuck there. the battery cherger or iTunes wont even recognize it. what can i do to get it outta this state. i held the home button down forever like i've done before but this isn't working. any help? thanks..

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
Hold down the home button and the sleep/wake button at the same time. Seems to take a long time, but only because you're freaking out. :)

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
Hold down the home button and the sleep/wake button at the same time. Seems to take a long time, but only because you're freaking out. :)
What does that do? Is it like removing the battery on other phones?

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Yeah, this happens to me constantly. Hold the Home and Power buttons for about 10 seconds and the phone will reboot. Sometimes it just turns off. If so, just hit the power button. It might take several minutes to come back, but it should. If it doesn't come back, maybe you are in for a replacement.

Have you backed up your iPhone or did you cancel the backup all the time like me?

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
i haven't in a while thats why i didn't wanna put it into recovery mode. i just sat it out figuring the battery would die since it was still "on" tecnically which it did then i plugged it in and its fine! thanks though

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
i thought thats how u put into recovery mode? thats why i didn't do it. i just sat it out figuring the battery would die since it was still "on" tecnically which it did then i plugged it in and its fine! thanks though

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
i thought thats how u put into recovery mode? thats why i didn't do it. i just sat it out figuring the battery would die since it was still "on" tecnically which it did then i plugged it in and its fine! thanks though
For future reference, that only puts it in recovery mode if you do it while you are connected to iTunes. I've had to do both.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
What I said to do doesn't put it into recovery mode*. It's a hard reset - like pushing the power button on your computer, or ripping the battery out of your non-iphone cellphone. You will run into this again, and this is the only way to fix your iPhone without waiting all day for the battery to discharge.

*Recovery mode requires you to power it off first anyway.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
First ry the hard reset. If this still doesn't work, let the phone completely die and then hook it up to the computer. Once it has about 10% battery, it will be recognized.

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
First ry the hard reset. If this still doesn't work, let the phone completely die and then hook it up to the computer. Once it has about 10% battery, it will be recognized.

Hi John, I Guess that is why I couldn't john as a handle so I just used my initials. So as I understand. If the iPhone goes totally TU, drain the battery and recharge and everything will be fine? As in other phones removing the battery? Thanks for the help

John