phone frozen on Apple logo screen

Feb 14, 2008
I have tried everything and just gone backwards completely to the point where when i turn my phone on it gets stuck on the logo screen, ziPhone didn't work and my phone wouldn't reboot when i tried to jailbreak it. i restored numerous times and restored it back to the factory settings. iTunes won't recognize it in recovery mode right now either...im at a loss. any suggestions?

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
if your in the same situation as i was about two days agoe the fix should be a simple three or four step procces of holding and releasing the home and power buttons while pluging it in. i saw the thread for it yesterday under iPhone mods i believe.

pierce the veil

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
thats the same thing that happened when i tried using ziPhone. what i did was just keep trying to restore and reset for about 11 times, and then it finally worked.

Feb 14, 2010
iPhone frozen on Apple logo

I just wanted to say say thank you to all the members that post their iPhone problems to this site. Your questions and answers have help me a great deal. I purchased an iPhone 8g 3g one month ago from a coworker it was unlock and jail broken, not to mention the orginal owner is the IT administrator at my job upon purchasing the phone and with specific instructions I went to t-mobile and got connected to a network then I took the phone home got an account for free with iTunes (thanks to all the members on this site who made that possible). Upon opening iTunes it recommended upgrading to 3.1.2 I had never held an iPhone before my purchase my pervious phone was a virgin moble prepaid. I was super excited I proceeded to upgrade to the new version which inturn locked the phone and reset all the settings. I could not call the original owner so i set out on a journey on and uncover your site I read all the thread which directed me to blackrain which helped me to unlock and jail break the phone again which was something tech support at tmobile couldnt help me with. Today my battery was low so my phone cut off when I got connected to an electrical source my phone was frozen on the Apple logo. I screamed, hollered and curse for 20 mins suprisingly that did not fix the problem within 10 mins of jumping on to this site and find a the right thread I was back up and running without having to reset the phone to factory settings. So many problems being an iPhone user but I am spoil wouldn't go back to any other phone after experiencing all the options I have with my new toy. I am very grateful to all the administrators and members that keep the site going and thank you again for all your help. My daughter said to me the other day " Wow my from now on your name is Inspector Gaget". Determination will get you anywhere, This is my iPhone Journey..

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Inspector Gadget, welcome to eiC! Glad to hear you were able to find the solution by searching the forum. Don't hesitate to start a new thread if you have any more questions. :)
Cool user name. I loved that cartoon when I was a kid. :eek:k:eek:k

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome to the eiC, Inspector :) Yes, I too have found the eiC to be an invaluable tool in keeping my iPhone in top-top running condition. There are so many experienced users here and the mods keep things rather civil as well ;)

whiteghost

Bronze
Jan 31, 2010
Manchester UK
Fist if you jailbroke with blackra1n it may be teathered so if u turn your phone OFF when u restart it it will go strait to either Apple logo or dfu mode?

at this point you should attach to comp rerun blackra1n to unlock ! you have to do this every time you turn it on or just don't turn it off?

If it has frozen at the Apple logo then try holding the power button and home button for about eight seconds this should reboot the phone ?

Give it a go then report back if anything does or does not happen !