phone function gone strange

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
right...
so here's my problem, i've jailbroken and loving it.

but just recently when i try and make a phone call, i tap the icon and the screen appears as it should, but there's no writing at the bottom like "favorites, voicemail" etc. then is stays there for a few seconds and then it goes back to the home screen.

confused!

and then when i receive a phone call, i can answer as normal, but it stays on the home screen, and it doesn't even come up with the return to call tab at the top of the screen.

any ideas?
anyone else had these problems?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
has nobody any ideas on why it is still doing this, i have tried rebooting my phone and everything,

restoring is the last thing on my mind!

you can try fixing the permissions through the phone... if you have sbsettings go to more and somewhere in there... there is a button that says fix var permissions or something of that sort... click it and then respring... if this doesn't work... im sorry to say you will probably have to restore

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
i think a restore is the only thing on the cards, never mind hey, just as i get my fone looking brilliant as well, thanks for the help

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I had that problem and all i did was quickpwn again, that way i didn't lose any data... did you restore in the end?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
i haven't restored i've just put up with it, but running pwn again might help so i'm gunna try that!

your location says your from manchester: so am i, small world

i'll let you know how i get on

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
i am indeed - manchester city centre. a few mancs on here :)

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
right i've pwnd again, but i've lost all my custom themes everything,

i'm gutted, this is what bothers me the most about JB,

right... so i'm back with a refreshed JB phone, what would you advise on getting first(apps wise)?
and do you know any quality themes to have a look at?

thanks

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
I re quickpwn every few months just to make sure i have a clean slate apps wise. The best advise i can give is that all custom themes etc should be backed up to your pc. im not preaching...honest! lol

Whenever i start again the first things i dwnload are winterboard, Kats HD weather theme, and the best theme i use is still orbz, i love it.

What time of apps are you after? i find that the app store apps are the best, and cydia is best for customising. Although i do always download Cycorder

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
do you have any form of Instant messenger?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
No, sorry, but ill be on here if you wanna PM me?

villaboy

Nov 22, 2008
I have had exactly the same problem and visited a number of sites to try to rectify my problem.
No luck anywhere!

I am now in the process of restoring my iPhone, however, I am going to have to restore and update to 2.2 firmware.

So will be without jailbreak till someone comes out with the pwn for 2.2

Would love to know why it happened, so I can watch out for it in future.

Intensespider

Bronze
Jul 3, 2008
I too have the exact same problem. Im using a Gevey sim-unlock, and am located in East Africa.

I eventually un-jailbroke my phone. Waiting for a solution.