Phone gets very hot

skyesview

May 28, 2008
Marshall, NC
Anyone else had the problem of the 3G phone back getting very hot when holding it? Thanks! Catherine

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
What temperature is the room? And how is your battery doing?
Also, what firmware are you on? Jailbroken? If so, which apps?

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
WIFI tends to heat things up on my 3G...not had this yet on 3GS

BunnyGirl

Jun 27, 2009
Italy
Mine gets a bit hot during phone calls, but just like other cell phones...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Mine gets hot during 3G calls too, but I think it's because of the 3.0 firmware.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
One thing I did notice is people say there phone gets really hot, but it usually only happens once or twice, it dosent seem to be a permenent thing... almost as if the battery readjusted it's power usage and fixed itself.

skyesview

May 28, 2008
Marshall, NC
So far it has happened twice, first time I was sitting in the shade, waiting for a large file to come through my email, the second time at home in the air! I talked to Apple and they had my take it back to factory settings, if it still heats up I will have to send it back. I know how hot some cell phones can get while you are on them, but this was so hot I worried it would fry the phone! I charge my battery every night. I have the 3.0 upgrade, I can't remember if the first time was before or after, the second after. I have about 10 days left on my year, so I guess I better fork over the 69$ for another year.

Kazman

Bronze
Dec 27, 2007
I have noticed ever since the 3.0 update my phone gets very warm while charging and borderline hot if I am messing around on it while it is plugged in, the battery indicator changes from charged to charging and the indicator doesn't even come close to matching the large battery symbol that pops up when you plug it in to charge the little symbol in the upper right corner will say full charge and the big symbol in the middle of the screen will be around 50% or even less and my battery life seems to have dropped off by almost an hour of usage, I have done several restores and a few resets, but it is still doing the same thing, it must be something with the 3.0 update it never did this before, my phone is not jailbroken but I do have bluetooth, location services, 3G, and wifi on and screen brightness is only at about 25% with the auto on I hope Apple can figure out why there are so many people with battery issues...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Location services is a HUGE battery drain. Try a day with it off and see how it fairs.

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
Some interesting posts there. I've noticed mine getting quite hot as well recently, mind you, the weather has been getting really hot as well in the past few days.