Phone goes to sleep during calls?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

turbo_h4

Sep 18, 2007
Once I make/receive a call, my screen goes blank. The end call buttons does not show up anymore. It seems to have gone to sleep cause when I press and hold the top button for a few seconds, it will show my the slider to turn off the phone.

How would I fix this?

My phone was unlocked. It was working fine.
I later installed summerboard, sendfile, devicescape connect, and it seems to have the problem now.

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Black screen is normal but

You might have an issue with the sensor which blanks the screen once you place it to your ear - my iPhone is unlocked and has similar programs on it to yours but I don't have the same issue - my screen blanks whilst at my ear but automatically switches the back on once moved away. I have seen some reports of certain case making this switching behaviour irratic.

iPhoneJones

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Mine will go to sleep right AFTER hanging up (end call). Or right after using an app when I hit the home button. And then sometimes it won't. It will stay on for the minute it is supposed and then go to sleep. Kinda bugs me that it is inconsistent like that.

turbo_h4

Sep 18, 2007
You might have an issue with the sensor which blanks the screen once you place it to your ear - my iPhone is unlocked and has similar programs on it to yours but I don't have the same issue - my screen blanks whilst at my ear but automatically switches the back on once moved away. I have seen some reports of certain case making this switching behaviour irratic.
This sometimes works for me. It may be a faulty sensor or just a bug in the software. However, I now find that when the screen is blank, if I press and hold the top of the screen (where the status bar would be), the screen with the end call button will come back, but I have to keep holding the status bar or the screen will turn back off.

The black screen seems to be more consistent when the call is not getting through.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
I later installed summerboard, sendfile, devicescape connect, and it seems to have the problem now.
Apart from the problems you are having, does devicescape connect work OK on the phone?

Have you uninstalled it and the problem goes away?

I want to use devicescape yet don't want to introduce the problem you're having.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It should go black, because of the light sensor.
I don't know about going to sleep, though.

JWH

Jan 31, 2008
Light vs. Dark

My wife's iPhone did this same thing and we discovered it depended on the lighting in the room, car, etc. In other words it worked fine in daylight or under lights but in the dark, the screen remained dark. Apparently the light sensor is very sensitive.

Hope this helps.

Once I make/receive a call, my screen goes blank. The end call buttons does not show up anymore. It seems to have gone to sleep cause when I press and hold the top button for a few seconds, it will show my the slider to turn off the phone.

How would I fix this?

Runamuck

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Mine will go to sleep right AFTER hanging up (end call). Or right after using an app when I hit the home button. And then sometimes it won't. It will stay on for the minute it is supposed and then go to sleep. Kinda bugs me that it is inconsistent like that.
My locked 1.1.3 iPhone did that right out of the box. I played with it for about a week then returned it for a new one. It was a faulty sensor.