phone icon next to battery?

1. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

So, I tried to search for this, but the response was so varied, it was impossible to see anything even remotely like what I am inquiring about.
    Take a look at the upper right corner of each of these pics.
    See the little phone Icon? What is it? it showed up today for the first time, shortly after I sync'd with my PC.
    I have iTunes 7.5 and firmware 1.1.4 jailbroken.

So does anyone know what it is?

App screen -red icon.jpg Homescreen.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  2. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

Just rebooted the phone for the second time and it's gone now...
    frickin weird

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

ok, I still want to know what this is. I am making it my mission to figure it out. if Anyone else has seen the icon that I took the screenshots of, and knows what it's for, please let me know.
    Thanks!

5. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

do you have something like Taskbar Notifier installed?

6. iamse7en

iamse7en Member
    Bronze

I think it's telling you to upgrade to 2.0.

7. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

funny you should say that....
    I think I narrowed it down to McCleaner as the program that made the icon show up. I was attempting to remove it as well as a couple other programs and....it crashed - BADLY
    So, as I type this, I am restoring for the 3rd time this evening, this time to 2.0 software.
    sometimes it pays to leave "well enough" alone, because "well enough" is normally better than expected.

8. Nonobear

Nonobear New Member

If you see this symbol [​IMG] in the status bar, it means that TTY is on.
    Teletype (TTY) machines are used by deaf and hard of hearing people to communicate by typing and reading text. If you have the iPhone TTY Adapter, available at www.apple.com/store, you can use iPhone with a TTY machine.
    Choose Settings > Phone to turn TTY on or off.
    For more information about using TTY with iPhone, see the iPhone User's Guide www.apple.com/support/manuals/iPhone. For information on other accessibility options with iPhone, see www.apple.com/accessibility/.

9. monkeysrock0622

Gold

What is the point of your post? I don't mean to be rude, but its barely relevant to the original post. Thats not the same symbol that he saw.

10. ihack

ihack Member
    Bronze

Yes it is mcleaner. That's the icon indicating a blocked call.

11. ihack

ihack Member
    Bronze

Oh yeah. To get rid of that icon go into mcleaner and clear history. Just like if you have a miised call on the phone app.

12. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

Doesn't matter anymore. That phone died months ago, and the chances of me jailbreaking my 3G are very slim, and even if I did, the chances of me installing McCleaner again are about a billion to 1.

13. iKitty

iKitty New Member

Small phone icon by battery

Well, this might help some wandering iPhone user (as it did light up a light when I read the thread) that is seeking information on this.

I don't use the same programs as the original person that started this thread but I, too, had the same question.

After some research through this thread and a few others, I realized that iBlacklist on my iPhone (jailbroken) was giving me the SAME little phone icon by the battery. This meant it had blocked a call for me that was on the blacklist successfuly.

So, if you see this and you have iBlacklist or some type of program that blocks calls, this might be why you see a little phone icon by the battery. :cool:

14. hitrho5

hitrho5 Member
    Bronze

Hawk, u should update to 3.0 tomorrow. If u got AT&T u got nothing to worry about. Just update and wait for a jailbreak to come out. it shouldn't take long.

15. Hawk

Hawk Genius
    Gold

As soon as the update becomes available and I am near my home PC, I will be updating.

16. lynnemcbride1

lynnemcbride1 New Member

Hurray! The point of your post is that almost a year later it helped me! Thanks so much. This has been driving me crazy as it just "showed up". You have saved me from a long and frustrating hold to the Apple people. Muchas gracias, nono!

17. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot
    Gold

My mother-in-law has a symbol similar but it's a phone with water drops coming out of the earpiece and the mic. I am assuming that it is telling her that the phone has water damage. Not entirely suere though.

18. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

Sounds like the TTY icon. Or are you being sarcastic?

19. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot
    Gold

No I am serious. Is that what it is?

edit: Wow, I just checked on my phone and that is what the symbol is. Good call Kaba, I'll let her know. Thanks

20. KabaModern

KabaModern Zealot
    Gold

Haha - no problem. I can't always tell with you, Krunk! :p

21. Krunk83

Krunk83 Zealot
    Gold

It's funny because she did leave it out on her patio right when she got it last summer and it started sprinkling rain. She went out and grabbed it but it was too late and it had water drops on it. Then she noticed the symbol had appeared. I have no clue if it was there prior and she just didn't notice but that's just what she said. At that time I still had my old 3g and she had just got hers and thought maybe it was some new software detecting the moisture level in the phone. I was like, wow, that's new. LOL.

That was before my dedication to eiC though.