phone icon wont work after jailbreak!

basracx

Dec 7, 2008
Hey everybody!
I did Jailbreak my 3g with 2.2 twice using QuickPwn. Everything is going right but the only problem is that I can't make a dial call by using the Phone icon. the phone icon will show but it will freeze up and bring it back to my spring board. I have to use the contact icon then choose the contact name and make a outgoing call from there. Does anyone here know how to fix it? i restore the phone right now to its original and its working but i want to jailbreak it again but may have the same problem. how can i save or restore the phone after jailbreak so that im not gonna lose of my apps?

impaler

Silver
Apr 28, 2007
This is why Jailbreaking is a bad idea. Every day I read where people have basic functionality problems.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
This is why Jailbreaking is a bad idea. Every day I read where people have basic functionality problems.
You're a ton of freaking help aren't you?

Basracx-
Anyway are you AT&T? If so you need to restore your phone through iTunes and then try the quikpwn again. Don't get frustrated, you'll be an expert when this is over. Just restore 2.2 fresh via iTunes then try again. You'll get it.

You may have to get quikpwn from another site if you continue to have issues.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
If this were a discussion in the general forum on why/why not to jailbreak, this would be appropriate. This user is seeking help in the modifications forum, so please let's focus on helping the user.

......carry on.

Thanks.
Chris

kevler

Mar 16, 2009
BUMP

the reason I'm buming this thread is because I have the same problem, but woudl like to know if anyone came up wiht an alternative solution w.o restoring and then jailbreaking.....I refuse to go back to the normal non-jailbreak iPhone and I got tooo many bells and whistles I don't want to lose :(

Please and thanks in advance

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Well the first thing to try would be rebooting the phone.