Phone lights up by itself?

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
yo my phone be in standby, screen black...and all of a sudden my phone lights up...i chk for emails, tx...nothn...interesting...any suggestions

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
yo my phone be in standby, screen black...and all of a sudden my phone lights up...i chk for emails, tx...nothn...interesting...any suggestions

I have had this happen many times, I think it is just reacting to some sort of signal.

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I see this happen on my phone at least once a day, I'm not sure whats going on and if its limited to just jailbroken iPhones. If it weren't for the "Slide to Unlock" feature, i'd be worried, but as is it doesn't bother me.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
;) It is Steve Jobs spying on you through the phone. It pops on, he looks through the hidden camera inside and then goes on to the next person. Yep, I am sure of it.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
;) It is Steve Jobs spying on you through the phone. It pops on, he looks through the hidden camera inside and then goes on to the next person. Yep, I am sure of it.

A Griff- i would not doubt that one bit...;);)...

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
Don't be so sure it's nothing to think about.

My screen lighting up randomly was a precursor to a major issue with my phone.

It seems my screen would light up randomly about once a day, then after a few weeks of this, it would light up while giving me an error message. The message was the message you get when you plug your phone into an accessory isn't fully compatible with the phone and the phone asks if you would like to go into airplane mode so the accessory will work with the phone. Eventually this message popped up about once every 2 or 3 minutes and rendered the phone basically unusable. This happened although there was never anything plugged into my phone.

My take on the whole thing after getting the phone replaced was that there was some kind of electric or static discharge happening inside that phone that made the phone think something was plugged into it. You know, like a connection was somehow bridged in the accessory port? Whatever it was, in hindsight the screen randomly turning on was a warning sign that something was making "contact" inside my phone.

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
How do you like your macbook. Thinking about getting one. On the Intel side what OS are you using?
apologize on the delay K- been a lil' bit occupied...yeah man the macbook is serious...gotta get some more processn speed...i wanna start doin' some imovie editn...but yeah get one man...i'm still on the OSX Tiger- ...i wanna see what this Lep- is all about...but yeah man i know i made a good investment...one day i'm gonna say, "...i'm glad i got the macbook..."

drahardja

Sep 30, 2007
Is the phone plugged into a charger when this happens?

When the iPhone is being charged, the phone lights up to show that the battery is fully charged, then goes back to sleep. If you keep the phone connected to the charger, it may discharge slightly, then recharge, then light up, then discharge slightly... etc.

This happens when I keep my iPhone docked onto my Griffin TuneFlex.

Is the phone plugged into a charger when this happens?

When the iPhone is being charged, the phone lights up to show that the battery is fully charged, then goes back to sleep. If you keep the phone connected to the charger, it may discharge slightly, then recharge, then light up, then discharge slightly... etc.

This happens when I keep my iPhone docked onto my Griffin TuneFlex.
For me it happens when my iPhone is not plugged in and charging. It also happens when it's not connected to the computers USB. It lights up when it's sitting next to me on the floor when I'm using a laptop, it happens on the stand next to the bed, it has happened when I'm driving in the car. Makes no sense but my old Treo 650 did the same thing in all the same places.