Phone monitoring

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xxsirvtecxx, Apr 20, 2012.

1. xxsirvtecxx

xxsirvtecxx Member
    Bronze

Alright So I wanted to know if there is anything that I could install or a way to monitor my kids cellphones, one has a iPhone 4 the other has a iPhone 4s, i want to have the ability to monitor their texting, calling, and emailing.....recently i found out both of them have been making calls to random numbers lately, and found out that they are both involved with drugs and im trying to help keep them on the straight and narrow they are great kids but definitely want to be able to help, also that im paying their bill and should have the right since they are under 18. So does anyone know of anything that can be installed on their phones without them knowing its on their phones?

2. Iloveiphones

Iloveiphones Genius
    Platinum

I'm a kid myself, but you need to take away their phones! There isn't anything that truly monitors them, other then the human eye. YoĆ¼ can always view their calls online, and texts (they don't show the actual message but the receipt and the time) If they were involved with drugs you need to take their phones away. I know if I ever did drugs my phone wouldn't be taken away, but I'd be DEAD!

3. Inkncraig

Inkncraig New Member

Take their phones away. They can't communicate with those random numbers if they don't have phones.
    But you can look for patterns with certain numbers. Like also under 60 sec. Phone call and multitudes of them. They probably won't save "those numbers" in the contacts. Watch behavior patterns an such. Gather evidence I don't know any apps that will work in the background and do what you want. Only ones that will hide or lock messages
    You can really just gather info from the detailed bill statement
    Or you can yourself call these random number and ask - whats your businesss with my kid. I'm the dad so on and so forth. If your a friend why isn't your name saved.
    If you want to get to the bottom of it. You will have to poke into their privacy

4. Watcher

Watcher Zealot
    Gold

Drugs!? WHAT!?! Beat their arses!

No, I'm sorry... I mean "talk to them".

...then kick their arses!

5. mgiara

mgiara New Member

My answer to your question:

Yes there are apps like that out. The most legitimate ones are a little pricey, but they're extremely well hidden and will report anything you want to you. Do a G00gle search. You'll only need their phones for a few minutes I think, while they're left unattended.

My opinion:

I bought my first cell phone with mowing the lawn money when I was 13 (I'm 22 now).
    I've bought almost every single phone I've owned since, and have been paying my bills since the beginning.
    Yes taking their phones away can work, but you're their guardian, and they are your responsibility, knowledge is power, monitor them for a little while, and gather intel, then as the problem persists, take away the phones and take corrective action on the kids more importantly.

6. henson Green

henson Green New Member

Taking away their phones isn't a good idea, it is a tool for parents to contact with them. Maybe setting a cell phone tracker is good idea.

7. ipod

ipod Member
    Bronze

Kids, phones and the Internet these days equal trouble. They can't go outside to cause trouble at night because they're underage, so instead they go online or on their phones and get their fix for trouble.

The extreme thing to do (probably apropriate) would be to cut all internet devices off and taking their phones away and just giving them regular phones for when they are out of the house. Until of course you can trust them again.

Another option: If they've given you a reason to not trust their internet and phone activities then I would keep all laptops/computers in a common area like the living room. As for their Internet phones I don't know, that one is tricky. You do have the option to turn off calls, texts and data at certain times of your choosing like say every day at 10 pm through-6 am AT&T does offer that type of service. You can also turn off your wifi at night. And you can also ask your kids to leave their phones in the living room and only use it there. You should let them be aware that you have access to phone records to see what they do on their phones just so they'll quit messing around. And maybe until you can trust them again then you can let loose a little bit on the rules. Tough situation really with kids, phones and the net. It could be useful and also dangerous all at the same time. Spending time with your kids though is the best thing you can ever do for them. I hear dinners with them regularly (everyday) and spending time with them like conversations, going on runs together, walking, sports or any activity really keeps kids and parents in tune thus making their chances of keeping in trouble slim. It works.