Phone not charging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kingp, Feb 5, 2009.

1. kingp

kingp New Member

Hey everyone, I have a 3g that I've had since a few weeks after they came out, and apparently now it is not charging anymore. I noticed yesterday after a round of golf that my phone was dead, although I hadn't been using it. When I got home I plugged it into the wall, and it shows the battery charging symbol on the phone. This morning after having it plugged in all night, it is still on a thin red charge line.

Has anyone had a similar problem, or heard anything on this subject?

I'm likely to take it into ATT in a few hours, but figured I'd ask you fine people first.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice,

Patrick

2. Picazzo

Picazzo Zealot
    Gold

Get it back to the shop!

3. Youngbinks

Youngbinks Zealot
    Gold

I would suggest trying a soft reset by holding down the home and sleep buttons. That should give the iPhone a soft restart. If that doesn't work then you could try restoring the phone in iTunes to see if that fixes the problem. If it still persists then I would recommend going to Apple as they would help you either fix the phone or replace it as opposed to AT&T.

4. Velodog2

Velodog2 Member
    Silver

I have just begun to experience the same issue within the last week. I am jailbroken.

5. danipoak

danipoak Member
    Silver

Un-jailbreak it and take it in!

6. Sarah kolman

Sarah kolman New Member

My phone will not charge. It is not completely dead yet, but has less than 20% battery life. Charger works with my iPad so the charger is not the problem. I cleaned potential lint from my phone (where charg plugs in)-- no luck. I held on and home buttons down simultaneously for 15 seconds to hard reset--still, nothing. I tried connecting phone to my iTunes accont and computer does not recognize it is plugged in.

A few nights ago when my phone was charging it woke me with incessant beeping and my phone kept alerting that the plug in device was not compatible with phone. It has not charged since. The plug is the same plug I have always usedn the phone. Any thoughts?

7. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

Holding for 15 seconds doesn't hard reset it, you need to hold it until it shuts off and the Apple logo appears.

And have you gotten it wet? Sounds like the port is screwed up.

8. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

It's ten seconds. If it doesn't appear it's not going to.

Sounds like that's what she said to me :)