Phone not showing contact

Lin32

Jan 22, 2018
My friend has recently changed from android to an iPhone 6 but since she did this her name doesn’t show up when she rings and texts say she is not in contacts although she is. Anyone else had this problem?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
In her contacts, or yours? If she doesn't see her own, she needs to go to settings > Contacts > Tap my info> scroll to users name and tap it.

Last edited:

Lin32

Jan 22, 2018
In her contacts, or yours? If she doesn't see her own, she needs to go to settings > Contacts > Tap my info> scroll to users name and tap it.
In my contacts before she had her iphone6 everything was fine. I have tried deleting and putting in again but it still says not in your contacts. I come up on hers!

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
In my contacts before she had her iphone6 everything was fine. I have tried deleting and putting in again but it still says not in your contacts. I come up on hers!
If her number is the same, it shouldn't matter. Nothing on your end would have changed. Where does it say, "not in your contacts"?

Lin32

Jan 22, 2018
It says not in your contacts when I click on a text I expect I will get used to the number eventually it’s annoying that we both have iPhones and her name doesn’t come up

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
It says not in your contacts when I click on a text I expect I will get used to the number eventually it’s annoying that we both have iPhones and her name doesn’t come up
I don't have a clue. You might reach out to Apple Support. They might know what the issue is.
Apple Support

Website
http://www.apple.com/contact/

Apple Support Number:
(800) 275-2273