Phone Number in Appoinment?

ystress

Dec 9, 2008
Mpls, MN
To me a significant oversight in the iPhone is to have a smartphone that cannot dial a phone number from a calendar appointment. Does anyone know if this oversight has been fixed in 3.0?

swampduck

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
If you mean in a calendar appointment yes you can dial from inside of it...put a phone number in the notes field and all you have to do is touch it and you get the call out screen

ystress

Dec 9, 2008
Mpls, MN
I got an iPhone in December and returned it, because what you described did not work. I had many phone conference meetings with phone numbers in the notes section or in the location field. These came from my corporate Exchange server or were created on the iPhone. In all cases I could not dial the phone number. I was told this is an issue with the 2.2 OS. Are you sayign this will be resolve in 3.0?

swampduck

Bronze
Oct 19, 2007
Sorry, I currently have 3.0GM installed and this feature is currently working in the calendar appointments. I just checked an email that I got from gmail with a phone number in it and I was able to dial it from inside the email as well.