Phone number: Unknown

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Opiq, May 8, 2012.

1. Opiq

Opiq New Member

Hi, I just want to show my own number in my contacts, using 4s iOs 5.0.1. I go to phone>contact and tap the status bar, nothing happens. Go to settings>phone and saw that on the Phone number: Unknown. And I can't edit it. Some says that the sim card/company doesn't allow the iPhone to "write" the number on the simcard (or sumthing like that) can anyone suggest any methodes so I can see my number on top of my contact list? I am on three network in Indonesia, thanks.

2. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

Color me confused. When I checked my contacts file, I have 3 numbers showing, one for the iPhone, a second for land line, & the third for my google voice number. Don't you have a contact for yourself with things like your home address and work number, for example?

Any impatience you show will only create more stress.

3. Opiq

Opiq New Member

I just want to access my iPhone number if I forget it and someone ask for it, and I want to have my own no on top of my contacts like the pic attached

Attached Files:

4. Jerome G

Jerome G Member
    Bronze

I don't know why it says unknown, but here are 2 options.

1) just memorize your number, it's not that difficult, most people do this

Or

2) create a contact for yourself with the number so you can access it

5. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

My contact list doesn't look that either but I still remember the phone number we had when I was 5 years old; almost 60 years ago.
    YMMV

Any impatience you show will only create more stress.