Phone only works on hands free caller can't hear me

May 26, 2010
Greetings all. I have a problem here that I know is not unique and I am sure that it has been asked many times here (Apologies for repeating an oft asked question), I just have not been able to find it anywhere.
I recently JBed my 3G to the iPad baseband and unlocked my phone. That part went perfectly, the problem now is that the only way I can use the phone is on hands free. I don't believe the problem was the unlock, but now I am up against a wall with what the problem may be. I have tried inserting & removing earbugs, power on and off, go into DFU mode and back out, cleaning the earphone jack with alcohol, even blowing into the opening. Nothing seems to be working. I even opened up the phone to check and see if anything may have come unplugged inside. Unfortunately, I do not know when the problem really started. This was my spare phone that I take on holidays with me. I also unlocked my other phone (3G also with the same software) and there is nothing wrong with that one.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Try a hard reset. Press the home and power buttons at the same time. Ignore the slide to power off and let go when you see the Apple logo.

May 26, 2010
Hi Europa. Well, it seems that that was not the key either. Still no sound from the internal speaker and they are still unable to hear me. Done it a number of times as well, amd no joy! :-( Any other thoughts? Sure do appreciate your suggestions as well.

May 26, 2010
One other thing that I should mention (not sure if it is relevant or not, but..... )I did replace t LCD Digitizer not that long ago. Have not used thephone since then so not sue if that could have a bearing on this matter. I did open the phone again and check the connections and they appeared to be tight............................