Phone overheating

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by silvermoon, Sep 5, 2016.

1. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Hey everyone, being as this issue I think is pretty specific to my iPhone model, I wanted to find out if anyone has encountered this before with other iPhones. I was at work and decided that I would put my phone in my pocket before I started my shift, about an hour into my shift, I can feel the intense heat coming from my pocket and so I pull out the phone only to see the battery at 10% and the phone on the verge of turning off. It's not the first time that I've had a device hot to the touch, but I'm suspecting that the phone was overheating in my pocket. I thought it was best not to take any chances and so I reached in my pocket and pulled it out quickly and y held down the button to power down the phone. It's been a day now and I haven't run into this issue, but I also have left the phone in my jacket rather than my I think what is really strange about it to me is why it suddenly was overheating in my jeans pocket, but it is fine in my jacket pocket. The only thing I've come up with is that the jacket pocket was cooler than the jeans pocket. I might be grasping at straws. Anyway, this post is long enough.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The jacket pocket didn't cause it. It occasionally happens with all smartphones and it's difficult to trace it back to a specific cause. Likely, it was just a looping process that was taxing the processor and battery. It's usually software-related and doesn't indicate any hardware problems. As long as it doesn't continue to do it regularly after a reboot, it's of no concern. Post back if it continues.

3. saraedward

saraedward New Member

hey i have iphone 5s it not supported 4g calling. give me solution

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Depends on your location. Your location may not support 4G. Check with your carrier.

5. timscookie

timscookie New Member

When you said you thought it was best not to take any chances for some reason I thought you were going to say you ran it under a tap. Maybe the battery's on the verge of packing up.