Phone programming help (not iPhone software)

ron ll

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Forgive me, I know this is the wrong place, but I'm hoping someone here can point me to the RIGHT place. I can't even come up with a good search string on Google to research it. (Admin: if this is too inappropriate, please delete.)

I need a way in Windows to tell if the phone line attached to the modem is in use before a program I am writing performs an event. It must silently test the phone line and return a busy/not busy without interrupting a call if it is busy.

Can anyone point me to a site or forum where I might properly ask about this?

Apologies and thanks.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Forgive me, I know this is the wrong place, but I'm hoping someone here can point me to the RIGHT place. I can't even come up with a good search string on Google to research it. (Admin: if this is too inappropriate, please delete.)

I need a way in Windows to tell if the phone line attached to the modem is in use before a program I am writing performs an event. It must silently test the phone line and return a busy/not busy without interrupting a call if it is busy.

Can anyone point me to a site or forum where I might properly ask about this?

Apologies and thanks.
Not sure this will help but maybe you can get some clues on how to word a search line based on information on this page:

http://www.computing.net/programming/wwwboard/forum/14899.html

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Are you talking about a land line? Just go into the Control panel under modems and run the test.
As far as not being in the right place, if you are not talking about the iPhone, you are WAAAYYY off base.