Phone running hot and short life battery

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by My apple gadgets, Jan 2, 2013.

1. My apple gadgets

My apple gadgets New Member

Just in case someone has problems with iPhone running hot and battery continues draining even when phone is not used, try reboot and reset. If it still doesn't work, try to think of the last app you installed before the problem appeared and delete it to see if it would work. I've installed google map app and the next day I started having the battery problem and the phone running hot while on standby. Once I've deleted the app, the problem disappeared. It's believed that if you have a problem app, it can keep running in the background and make the phone hot and drain the battery.
    The worse case scenario, delete all the apps that you do not really need ( you will be surprised to see how many those are) and reinstalled app by app to identify and eliminate the problem one.
    Hope this helps.

2. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Most likely google map was running your GPS. I've noticed when running apps that require my GPS to be on all the time my iPhone will get hot and battery drains quicker.

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

You'd see the GPS icon if that was the case right?

Sent using iCafe app

4. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Yes you should. But some apps (like passbook) just flash it for a few moments then turn off.

5. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Third-party apps, or even Apple stock apps?

6. Docd

Docd Contributor
    Silver

Mostly third party but Apple stock apps should do it too. I mostly use third party apps that require constant use of my GPS such as cobra and wazes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk