Phone seems to be freezing up a lot more!

skyesview

May 28, 2008
Marshall, NC
Anyone else had their phone freeze up a lot more? I have had mine since July, also, does not hold a charge for as long as it used to.....Catherine

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Are you Jailbroken? If so, it could be a 3rd party application causing your troubles. If you are, I would suggest trying a full restore as a NEW iPhone. If not, then I would suggest a full restore from a BACKUP. That will hopefully get rid of your freezing issues.

On to the battery issues, if you think your battery life is substantially less than it was new, then I would suggest visiting Apple and letting them know about your problem. You have a full one-year warranty and that covers defective batteries. It beats paying the $70 or so to have Apple replace it out of warranty.

marklynn70

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida
www.myspace.com
I have never tried anything outside of iTunes to my phone. I just figured it was because I hadn't cycled it off in quite some time. I just drop it in the cradle at night and sync it every once and awhile.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Not cycling the phone on and off occasionally (about once a week should do) may cause it to run slower than normal. I would suggest trying that as well. Also, a soft reset might clear up any problems. Try holding the top and home buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

skyesview

May 28, 2008
Marshall, NC
Umm......jailbroken? I'm not sure what that means? But I'm guessing it means I have downloaded something I should not have? Have not done that. I will go talk to them about my battery. It does not hold a charge like it used to/ Thanks for your impute! Catherine

kneshoba

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Umm......jailbroken? I'm not sure what that means? But I'm guessing it means I have downloaded something I should not have? Have not done that. I will go talk to them about my battery. It does not hold a charge like it used to/ Thanks for your impute! Catherine
How often do you put it on the charger? Try Calibrating your battery, here is an explanation of battery calibration:
Although lithium-ion is memory-free in terms of performance deterioration, batteries with fuel gauges exhibit what engineers refer to as "digital memory". Here is the reason: Short discharges with subsequent recharges do not provide the periodic calibration needed to synchronize the fuel gauge with the battery's state-of-charge. A deliberate full discharge and recharge every 30 charges corrects this problem. Letting the battery run down to the cut-off point in the equipment will do this. If ignored, the fuel gauge will become increasingly less accurate.​