Phone shut off using LogoMe, removed jailbreak and it's running faster

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Today I tried using LogoMe and basically, my phone just shut off and wouldn't power on at all by pressing the home or sleep button. Great.
So I plugged it into iTunes and I immediately got a notification saying the phone was in DFU and needed to be restored.

That disappointed me because I was finally happy with all my jailbreaking.
But I noticed the phone is much quicker now. Even from pressing the home button, how instantaneous the phone wakes up...but I miss the look of my JB phone so now I have to re-jailbreak and all.

On the plus side, I now have 3 bars of 3G in my house, which I didn't have before. Thats pretty cool.
I have to re-jailbreak. Not cool.

Just felt like sharing...

P.S. You are now able to use the phone while its restoring all your information. You can actually see icons popping up one by one on the springboard. Pretty cool.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Dave and I noticed this is well.. we were thinking it was the MobileInstallation file, but I got rid of that for a few days and I had the same lag, even after restoring. It seems that the current jailbreak causes lag, and it gets worse over time.

I have about 7 friends with iPhones - about half jailbroken, half stock. The ones that are jailbroken say they have the same lag as me (it gets worse as time goes on) and the stock ones are totally lag free. :(

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
What is the exact reason for the lag? Is it just because of the the processes that are running on top of the "stock" ones?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
That I don't know. It has to be caused by PwnageTool/QuickPwn/WinPwn/WhateverPwn because ZiPhone and all other pre-2.0 jailbreaking methods didn't cause this.

smknSRT8

Zealot
Gold
Oct 13, 2007
yes I definantly notice the added lag in almost everything I do with the iPhone. It has made me more patient though. The customization benefits outweight the lag in my mind.

I am waiting for the person on EIC who is strongly against JB. I really hope he does not read this thread!

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Today I tried using LogoMe and basically, my phone just shut off and wouldn't power on at all by pressing the home or sleep button. Great.
Just curious -- how long did you try to get the iPhone to turn back on? I've had a few instances where mine wouldn't turn back on (after turning the iPhone off voluntarily) for about five minutes.Very frustrating. Otherwise, the iPhone is running great.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Just curious -- how long did you try to get the iPhone to turn back on? I've had a few instances where mine wouldn't turn back on (after turning the iPhone off voluntarily) for about five minutes.Very frustrating. Otherwise, the iPhone is running great.
I was pressing the power button for at least 30 seconds, and same with the home and power buttons pressed together. Then I got tired of it, went to the kitchen to get a snack, and when I came back...maybe ?5 minutes later, it still wasn't working.