Phone shuts down by itself

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Inkncraig, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Inkncraig

Inkncraig New Member

I took a screen snap shot form a app. I later tried to edit the snap shot and the phone just shuts down. The little Apple appears on the screen and the phone recovers pretty quickly, it does this over and over. What's the issue here?
    Thanks

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

What are you using to try and edit the photo?

3. Inkncraig

Inkncraig New Member

The basic editing software that came with it in the photography
    System 5.1.1 - 4S

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Are you currently Jailbroken? What phone are you using? What app are you trying to edit your photos with? It may be a setting or a tweak/app from being jailbroken if you are.

I just read an issue you're having online, similar to yours.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3792390?start=0&tstart=0

5. Inkncraig

Inkncraig New Member

Its the 4S with the current updated software 5.1.1 It also did this with the old 5.0.1 software i am trying to edit a screen shot photo I took. It only does it with this picture. It does not do this with pictures that I used the camera with

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You're saying you're using the editing program with a photo you put onto your iPhone? But it doesn't shut down when you use it with photos you took with the phone camera?

Seems like a known issue from what I am reading. Not sure if it's from the new iOS or maybe the photos being edited are not being accepted?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3792390?start=0&tstart=0

7. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

My phone is shutting off by it self as well, no reason what so ever, 5s , only happened after restore .
    Today i decided that was it , having a skype voice call for over and hour, the phone has at least 80% battery left , the phone died , started it , died again, then bunch of restarts, hard rest couldn't work as the phone restarted it self while being rested, it ever restarted it self while doing Itune restore.
    Advice is much appreciated, sorry to hi-jack this threat , didn't know if i was supposed to start another one or no, so this was the safest option.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

This is commonly referred to as "crashing." Occasional crashes are expected on iOS 7. A firmware update will solve it eventually. However, multiple crashes will require intervention now. I've had it happen several times on my 5s as well. Mine were usually cashed by the fingerprint scanner, so deleting my prints and adding them back in fixed it. I would try resetting all settings. If that doesn't work, restoring the phone should resolve it.

9. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

should i avoid restoring backed up apps ?

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

First reset all settings. If that doesn't work, restore from backup. If the crashes continue, restore to factory settings. You can install all of your apps.

11. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

i did set up as new
    changed phone name
    didn't sigh in to iTunes account
    restoring apps from Itune " on laptop "
    bump'ed my contacts back on , hope it doesn't crash again
    it's annoying
    Thank you Europa you are helpful as always

12. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

It did it again, shut down so I started it again and it crashed at Apple logo
    Connected it to charger kept on crashing for over a minute then I unhooked it and waited several minutes and now it's on again !
    Advice please ....

Sent using iCafe app

13. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1388263923.703371.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1388263935.068691.jpg ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1388263946.087543.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

14. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

If you are able to see the attached pics above is a couple of the diagnoses I got , contacted Apple support chat said they don't see anything wrong with iOS and that the phone needs to be sent to them ! As if I am not 10k miles away .

Sent using iCafe app

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Try a DFU restore to factory settings.

16. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

tried that, once the phone restarted and was connected to the laptop "macbook " it started restarting none stop, till taken off of cable , and put a side for a minute, i think it's time for dhl to take the phone back to the usa and a friend of mine take it to Apple store.....
    unless if there is another advice maybe

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Sounds like it's stuck in an infinite boot loop. If a DFU restore won't fix it, I don't know what would. I'd ship it back for replacement. Too bad there isn't an Apple Store near you.

18. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

is there a way of maybe retoring previous version of iOS and see if that fixes it ? i had no problem before " i don't remember upgrading " if there was an upgrade within a month and a half .

19. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Unfortunately you can't restore to a previous iOS such as iOS 6 anymore. Have you spoken with Apple or your phone carrier about the issue or issues you are telling us about?

20. bikerboy

bikerboy Member
    Bronze

my carrier has nothing to do with iPhones, plus i've bought the phone thro Apple.com , not the carrier nor a local store in Jordan , i meant maybe like 7.0.3 instead of 7.0.4 ?