Phone Speaker

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

TheNagol

Sep 12, 2007
Hey all. I've read in some reviews that the ear piece on the phone isn't very loud and that the phone calls have bad reception. Is there any truth to this? I really really want to get one.

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
NO! Theyve all been lying. Including the ones who report no problems. To learn more search this forum and come to your own conclusions.

Right now on the Apple discussion forums, there is a thread going on about the built in speaker volume. Many many people including myself have a problem with the built in speaker volume, we can barely hear it. This includes when a call comes in, listening to a caller on speaker phone, listening to music and videos and timer alarms. In short, for many of us the speaker volume just plain sucks.

I can hear all sound perfectly through the earpiece, that was never a problem, it's just when trying to listen with the built in speaker.

malo123

Sep 6, 2007
hey me too my speaker phone sucks balls like really really bad not even kidding even when its not on speaker its too low and i just got mine yesterday! so what in the world can i do?

oriolesfan23

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Virginia
Hey all. I've read in some reviews that the ear piece on the phone isn't very loud and that the phone calls have bad reception. Is there any truth to this? I really really want to get one.
The complaints have been about the speaker phone, NOT the ear piece. The ear piece is perfectly fine. The speaker phone is fine in a quiet room, but it doesn't work too well if theres a fair amount of noise around.

Reception on my iPhone has been just as good as it was with my old cell phone.

NOW GO OUT AND BUY YOUR iPHONE!

KTran

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
TX
two speakers or one?

there's two vents but my iPhone has only one side of sound ...

does anybody else have one speaker producing sound?

sorry to steal the thread

SauceNJ

Sep 5, 2007
The complaints are accurate - the speaker is useless and the earpiece is also crap - if there's any noise in the background you cant hear a damn thing.