Phone trouble...help!

Alife

Mar 2, 2008
Hey guys, I just got the newest software updated on it (i think it is 2.2).

On to the story:

About two days ago I wake up to a phone call from my Sgt. Phone is working fine and i text a couple people. About an hour later my phone says "no service" i think nothing of it and go on with my day. Later on my phone goes to the restore screen (the screen with the iTunes logo and usb picture) and it says if i need help go to Apple.com/support but their site tells you nothing.

So I go home and put my phone in the dock connected to my macbook. iTunes pops up and says i need to unlock it. But i cant unlock the phone because when it is on the restore screen all i can do is emergency call?!?!?! So every time i plug it in to restore it it does nothing except tell me to unlock it. And now its to the point where when i plug it into my macbook and it says that this accessory is not ment to work with the iPhone.

I have no idea what to do and i really don't want to go to the Apple store with the xmas crowd. If anyone has any ideas or knows what to do any help is appreciated.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Hey guys, I just got the newest software updated on it (i think it is 2.2).

On to the story:

About two days ago I wake up to a phone call from my Sgt. Phone is working fine and i text a couple people. About an hour later my phone says "no service" i think nothing of it and go on with my day. Later on my phone goes to the restore screen (the screen with the iTunes logo and usb picture) and it says if i need help go to Apple.com/support but their site tells you nothing.

So I go home and put my phone in the dock connected to my macbook. iTunes pops up and says i need to unlock it. But i cant unlock the phone because when it is on the restore screen all i can do is emergency call?!?!?! So every time i plug it in to restore it it does nothing except tell me to unlock it. And now its to the point where when i plug it into my macbook and it says that this accessory is not ment to work with the iPhone.

I have no idea what to do and i really don't want to go to the Apple store with the xmas crowd. If anyone has any ideas or knows what to do any help is appreciated.
It sounds like your activation process has failed or AT&T's system is not recognizing your phone. A call to AT&T's customer service should solve the problem. The other cause of your problem that comes to mind is a loose SIM card. Make sure your SIM card is seated properly...Mark