Phone wont charge after 1.01 update

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 15, 2007
MA
My iPhone will no longer charge using the home charger after the 1.01 update. It will however charge just fine when I plug it into my computer. The phone doesn't show any reaction when I plug it in. Its not a problem with the charger or the outlet. Anyone have the same problem or know how to fix it? Thanks!

oab

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
charging-firmware/software update

My iPhone will no longer charge using the home charger after the 1.01 update. It will however charge just fine when I plug it into my computer. The phone doesn't show any reaction when I plug it in. Its not a problem with the charger or the outlet. Anyone have the same problem or know how to fix it? Thanks!
I had a similar problem prior to updating the software. I was leaving for a trip and wanted to make sure the phone was fully charged so I placed it in the dock--nothing happened no green battery. I thought the AC charger was bad so I took the one from my iPod on the trip. However, looking back I now think the phone was fully charged and would not indicate it was charging. Have not been able to duplicate that problem.
Curiously, after that incident my iPhone would not fully charge even after leaving it on the charger for more than eight hours. Just down loaded the firmware/software update yesterday and the phone was fully charged this morning -- usage was reset to 0. Hope this minor problem is over.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
No idea what is causing this or how to fix it but