Phone won't charge/connect to iTunes

Hello, I own an iPhone 3gs that I have been the sole owner/operator of. It's running iOs 4.3.5 and I hadn't had any problems with the phone until two days ago.

At first it kept telling me that the accessory (I'm assuming it was my case) was not compatible with the iPhone. When I charged it that night the charge would keep being interrupted by that message. The phone would literally stop charging, wait a few moments, then start charging again. I let that happen a few times, before disconnecting it, removing the case and continuing. Unfortunately the message kept returning, despite the lack of a case. At this point the iPhone was still connecting to iTunes.

The next day, the message continued to harass me, despite being case-less still. Then, later that night I found that I could no longer charge my iPhone. It also would not connect to iTunes, although I found out today that it would connect and transmit information to an iPhone/ipod speaker dock, though it would not charge from that device.

Today, I no longer get the accessory message unless I plug it into the dock but I still cannot charge. The phone has died completely, and I am at a loss as to how to proceed.

ps. Yes the warranty has expired already...

Thanks for your time and help

Jugg

Alan J

Aug 14, 2011
Try a hard reboot first if no good, Just restore on iTunes, you may have to put into DFU to restore (tons of info on here and google how to do it). The case probably upset you iOS

A restore will reload it clean

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Try a hard reboot first if no good, Just restore on iTunes, you may have to put into DFU to restore (tons of info on here and google how to do it). The case probably upset you iOS

A restore will reload it clean

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app
If you restore as a new phone.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Try using a new USB cable and blowing out the dock port on the phone with compressed air.