Phone won't wake up

ally fu

Dec 4, 2007
both the buttons on my iPhone have stopped working. When the phone rings it wakes up and the touchscreen works, but once it goes back to sleep I'm unable to turn it back on.

Has this happened to anyone else?

trant01

Jul 14, 2007
both the buttons on my iPhone have stopped working. When the phone rings it wakes up and the touchscreen works, but once it goes back to sleep I'm unable to turn it back on.

Has this happened to anyone else?
This actually just happened to me. I just brought it into the Apple store yesterday and walked out with a brand new one in less than 5 mins. Gotta love the Apple care!

ally fu

Dec 4, 2007
I've also just noticed that when it receives a call, the screen wakes and I get the 'slide to answer' message, but it doesn't ring or vibrate.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
This happened to me a few days ago. Simply docking the iPhone fixed the problem.

- John

ally fu

Dec 4, 2007
I had hoped that would work, but it's docked right now and nothings changed.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Then go to Apple. They'll most likely be able to fix the issue in a snap, but if not, you'll just get another iPhone.

- John

ally fu

Dec 4, 2007
Yeah, I'll have to do that. Only thing is that I'm working long hours at the moment and it'll be more than a week before I can get into town :(

Shirazik

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Irvine, CA
This has happened to me like 3 times, but like someone said docking it fixed it. First time it happened I was freaking out. Although a brand new iPhone wouldn't be bad....