Phonebook transfer

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Ocala

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Ocala, FL
Does anyone know if I'll be able to transfer a phonebook from my Nextel i605 to the iPhone? I have about 220 numbers in the phone and don't really want to enter them all again if it can be avoided.

I can get the numbers into excel spreadsheet, but I have no idea how I might need to engineer the spreadsheet to properly move it to the phone.

The i605 is a bluetooth phone.

Also, does anyone know how the iPhone might work with my Pioneer bluetooth stereo? My Nextel makes calls but will not connect automatically. The AT&T Blackjack will connect automatically, but will not transfer the phonebook into the memory of the stereo.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Does anyone know if I'll be able to transfer a phonebook from my Nextel i605 to the iPhone? I have about 220 numbers in the phone and don't really want to enter them all again if it can be avoided.

I can get the numbers into excel spreadsheet, but I have no idea how I might need to engineer the spreadsheet to properly move it to the phone.

Also, does anyone know how the iPhone might work with my Pioneer bluetooth stereo? My Nextel makes calls but will not connect automatically. The AT&T Blackjack will connect automatically, but will not transfer the phonebook into the memory of the stereo.

If you cen get them into a spreadsheet you can very easily import into Outlook (Most any version) and then sync it right back into the iPhone. It shouldn't be a problem at all for you. If its over your head, any half way decent computer tech can do it for you.

Good luck!

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007

The folks at the AT&T store can help you transfering

netshadow

Bronze
Apr 21, 2007
Upstate NY
the sim

just make sure that you have saved (copied) your contacts to the sim card. I have a Nokia 6682 which does not do it automatically, you must manually copy them over to the sim. then they can just switch the sim to activate and transfer your contacts.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
just make sure that you have saved (copied) your contacts to the sim card. I have a Nokia 6682 which does not do it automatically, you must manually copy them over to the sim. then they can just switch the sim to activate and transfer your contacts.
If you have a Cingular/At&t sim card they can do this. IF you have a T-Mobile sim card, they can not.

IF you have MPT you can backup your calendar and phonebook to your computer or sync your phone with Outlook. Then when you plug in the iPhone, it will find the backed up phone book and calendar and load them on your phone.