phones calls with the iPod touch?

Jan 17, 2008
Did anyone ever tried it yet? Did anyone downgraded their ipod touch to 1.1.1 and added new (other than the 5 $20 applications from Apple) to their touch?

Did it crash or is it ok?

I received a phone call from a friend on a touch. I just got mind ipod touch and I am scared to do anything like that....

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Did anyone ever tried it yet? Did anyone downgraded their ipod touch to 1.1.1 and added new (other than the 5 $20 applications from Apple) to their touch?

Did it crash or is it ok?

I received a phone call from a friend on a touch. I just got mind ipod touch and I am scared to do anything like that....
No to most of your questions, but I ordered a mic from the touchmods (SIP-VOIP writters) and hope the SDK will have some developers make a voip program, if not I am going to try s4iPhone.com with the mic to see if it works. it doesn't require a Jail break, but voice may not work for the touch

Feb 1, 2008
yes..
yes...
and yes again.
tried, downgraded and crashed touch first time.
but oh well....second time it's been stable as a rock.....there's a simple way to hack it.
sip/voip does work and i bought the macally mic and modded it....although the sip/voip app doesn't work greatly in my opinion...at least on my touch....it is very low volume (almost a strain to hear it in the earbuds) and seemed to be more garbled than i would have expected from an app with such hype. it was almost aggravating to use....but it does work...you just need to have a wireless signal and an open network to use it, or be at home with your secure network...where my voip pc and home phone are...lol.
i think it was really done just to prove a point and has developed into such hype now...people want it and many will be disappointed in my opinion.
it's a great idea though...i know it will improve.

Jan 17, 2008
yes..
yes...
and yes again.
tried, downgraded and crashed touch first time.
but oh well....second time it's been stable as a rock.....there's a simple way to hack it.
sip/voip does work and i bought the macally mic and modded it....although the sip/voip app doesn't work greatly in my opinion...at least on my touch....it is very low volume (almost a strain to hear it in the earbuds) and seemed to be more garbled than i would have expected from an app with such hype. it was almost aggravating to use....but it does work...you just need to have a wireless signal and an open network to use it, or be at home with your secure network...where my voip pc and home phone are...lol.
i think it was really done just to prove a point and has developed into such hype now...people want it and many will be disappointed in my opinion.
it's a great idea though...i know it will improve.

THANK YOU FOR SUCH A DETAIL FEEDBACK! I will wait until someone else figure out a better way or improve it before trying to do this.