phonezap

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I've been trying it a fair bit since last night. It's a pretty odd combo of things that it does: photo sharing and status updating (like iRovr or others) geotagging, and ringtone creating.

The ringtone creation part works really well so far - easy to do, doesn't mess with any of your others, and survives reboots etc.

The photo sharing / status updating stuff is pretty standard - but it's nice to have it a native app that runs quick. Geotagging (locating) feature is pretty cool too.

I've seen a fair few 'Service unavailable' errors so far, so assume they maybe weren't fully ready for a wave of iPhone users once it hit Installer.

You can see general info about the service at PhoneZap

I also did a little blog post about this with a couple screencaps, here ...

Drea08

Apr 28, 2008
I tired to use the phonezap for creating ringtones, but it allows me to create the file but it doesn't show up in my settings sound file. I know its suppose to say Custom and it should have its own section but it doesn't work on my phone. Help anyone?

kenva

May 27, 2008
I have the same exact problem and have no idea how to fix it.
There are also other applications that, when i open them, shut down immediately. Other people seem to be having this problem aswell but I haven't found an answer. some help?