Photo Album High Speed Slide Show

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
I just found a way to very quickly zip through all of the pictures in your photo album. I don't think this technique was something that Apple actually put on the phone but rather a qwerk in the software.

Go into your iPhones Photos app and then into an album that has lots of pictures (it's more fun to watch if you have lots of pictures).
Now tap on and bring up the very first picture.
Here's the tricky part: At the bottom of the screen put your finger on the arrow pointing to the right (the "Next Picture" arrow) and at the same time use a different finger to slide the picture's screen to the left and then take your finger off of the arrow key.
Your screen should slowly start advancing through your photos and then rapidly increase in speed until your pictures are flying by at a high rate of speed.
Once you master that you can even do it in reverse order starting at the last picture and zipping back to the first.

This has no use at all... but it's fun.:laugh2:

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Wow dude you're freaking me out! That just happened to me for the first time last night and I was really confused! So weird that you just posted this... I'm gonna go try it.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Ya know, that's going REALLY fast... when it happened to me, it went by a lot slower, but not slow enough to be a slideshow.

Of course, that could probably be accounted for by the beer.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
That's very cool stuff.

Suppose if you had some time and inspiration on your hands, you could adjust the order of sets of pics to create little movie story lines and such. Hayesimus?

GADeputy

Bronze
Jan 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
That's very cool stuff.

Suppose if you had some time and inspiration on your hands, you could adjust the order of sets of pics to create little movie story lines and such. Hayesimus?
I was thinking the same thing. I was going to make a short "movie" by taking pictures of things, moving them slightly and then taking more pictures. After I'm done I'll do the high speed slide show and it should view like an animation. Sort of like how they make claymation videos.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I was thinking the same thing. I was going to make a short "movie" by taking pictures of things, moving them slightly and then taking more pictures. After I'm done I'll do the high speed slide show and it should view like an animation. Sort of like how they make claymation videos.
Nice. Would be cool to share that but not sure how you'd achieve that ...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well, flying through one of my wallpaper sets that has many color variations of each design.... that was rather impressive! I would show that off to someone....

the_brein

Bronze
Feb 17, 2008
how bored do i have to be before i try this, i asked myself. not much. I gave it a crack. instead, i just held the arrow button and that was good enough.

i do like the clamation idea. now i just have to ask myself, how bored do i have to be to try it? aw screw it.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
i had a couple pics that were really similar but slightly changed (people moved a little) and when scrolling fast it looked like stop motion animation lol