Photo contest. Week of July 5th - July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
No one started a new thread, so let me fix that.
This week's contest, which will end next Thursday, subject is "portrait"
You can edit the photo as you wish, iPhone only and only one photo per member.
Get creative, show me your photo and editing skills.

Have fun.

The winner gets to pick next week's subject and winner.

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
o_O imutter started a 4th of July pic thread. I didn't participate because I won the last one.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Who ever wins the weekly photo contest needs to start a new one. If anyone decides to make a specific holiday one or whatever it is it's up to them.
If you want after this week you can start a new one? it's up to you :)

ImageUploadedByiCafe1341665724.962879.jpg

An oldie but a goodie. Me or the photo, you can choose which is the 'oldie' :D

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
And the winner is.......whatta hell, only 3 photos? you guys know that the iPhone has a camera don't you?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
And the winner is.......roofmonkey, come collect your prize :D

Start a new thread and subject.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Well thank you! Let's see if I can make one that has a few more postings in it. Don't know why this one only had 3 In it Bennyboy ?
dunno, I personally take an average of 10 pics a day, I have about 40 photo apps on my phone and love photography. So anything photo in the title I'm there.

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
dunno, I personally take an average of 10 pics a day, I have about 40 photo apps on my phone and love photography. So anything photo in the title I'm there.
what's your top 2 that have good editing abilities?

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
what's your top 2 that have good editing abilities?
I used to do everything on photoforge2, and even thou I got snapseed for free a long time ago I never used it.
Now I use snapseed almost 99% of the time, and filterstorm4, which has a little of a learning curve but gives me all the edit I want over a photo, including layers.
So the last 2 are all you need really, maybe check couple YouTube videos to see how they both work. Cloning works very well on filterstorm4, which I use a lot to edit my photos for instagram.

For portrait photos hipsmatic is the best app out there if you want to give that a look as well.

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Great, thanks. I'll look into those.
If you're interested in a little filter app that gives you full control of the filter check luminance. Not just apply and amount, you get full control of each filter, from contrast to brightness to white balance etc...I just had to mention it, I freaking love this app.

Attachments

Kgd0630

Contributor
Bronze
That looks really neat too. I'm gonna have to spend some $$ now. :)

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
You know, I've always wanted to get into photography, and these days it helps me get my mind off things so it works out perfectly. the iPhone 4S has an amazing camera, I'd like to get everything out of it.

I know, it's a camera phone and not a DSLR, but I don't have time to walk around with a huge camera.
The best camera is the one you always carry with you, and my iPhone is always with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.