H

Hayesimus

what is this?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
hayesimus!

where have you been, man? I haven't seen you here forever!

BD997

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Boston, MA
it keeps asking to buy every time u connect to app... Aggrevates me.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
it keeps asking to buy every time u connect to app... Aggrevates me.
Yeah, I think their 'nag-ware' element is a little over the top. Would be much more reasonable to let it remind you once every X number of uses, but not every single time ...

H

Hayesimus

hayesimus!

where have you been, man? I haven't seen you here forever!

I have been working all the live long day. lol and as far as this app goes. I made my own speed dial icons. A long time ago actually. So is that what this is? You tap and icon on the springboard and it dials the person. Or is it different?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I have been working all the live long day. lol and as far as this app goes. I made my own speed dial icons. A long time ago actually. So is that what this is? You tap and icon on the springboard and it dials the person. Or is it different?
No - it is different. You launch this app and it shows you pictures of all the contacts you have pics of - four to a screen. One tap on a contact picture to start a phone call to them. The idea being that scrolling through photos is much faster, and this is a very popular sort of app on Palm and Windows Mobile ...

BD997

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Boston, MA
how do you make your own speed dial icons?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
how do you make your own speed dial icons?
There are a few ways around - I'd suggest one of the newest / easiest methods -springlets.com - has a nice little form to fill in with a name / number, let's you choose an icon color, and adds to your home screen ...

H

Hayesimus

yeah for real. i'd rather just click an icon than have to scroll through pics 4 at a time. sheesh. and the icons i've made have their pics on them too lol

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
yeah for real. i'd rather just click an icon than have to scroll through pics 4 at a time. sheesh. and the icons i've made have their pics on them too lol
Having a handful of speed dial icons on a home screen is cool. But if you've got a ton of contacts - and pics for a lot of them - a photo dialing app can be a very cool addition. Even if you have say 25 friends etc with photos, you really want to clutter up home screens with 25 icons for 'em?

H

Hayesimus

ahhhhh but they aren't in my home screen. I have an icon on my doc titled peeps. Click on that and it opens up another springboard typed deal with my contact icons. I'll go home in the morning and make a little video and show ya

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
ahhhhh but they aren't in my home screen. I have an icon on my doc titled peeps. Click on that and it opens up another springboard typed deal with my contact icons. I'll go home in the morning and make a little video and show ya
OK, cool - will be interesting to see, as I find the photo dial type apps quite useful ...

H

Hayesimus

oh don't get me wrong. It has its merits. I mean its already ready already LOL. I had to make each of my icons and the programming in each file to be specific to their phone number. But its really not that hard to do. I mean if I can do it... Haha. I just like the end result better which is a screen with as far as I know an unlimited amount of contacts that scroll like on summerboard as opposed to 4 pics at a time that would take much longer to get through. They both perform the same otherwise. I just tried it out. They both look the same after tapping your peep. LOL

H

Hayesimus

so here's the video i made finally. took me a while to work out some kinks with my contacts lol. anyway. i think it was well worth the work. lata

H

Hayesimus

i just like it cause its like all their heads going, "la la la" haha its just humorous to me

H

Hayesimus

Peeps folder.jpg

here is a screen shot of the floating heads that are my friends and family lol