Photo Help

Discussion in 'iPad' started by knowoneuno, Apr 16, 2013.

1. knowoneuno

knowoneuno New Member

I had a number of different albums on my iPad and wanted to add some new photos. When I went to sync it, the computer said it would keep all my photos, and add the other ones, or at least that is the way I read it.

Well after I synced it, all my previous photo albums are gone.

Is there any way possible to get all those old photo albums back via restore or some other way?
    I'm so mad right now, I can't even describe it.

This is the ONE thing that really irks me about iPhones and iPads, can't they just make it simple to drag and drop what you want into your device instead of wiping out the previous stuff?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

There are apps that will allow you to drag and drop. Another option is DropBox.

Were these photos that it erased in the camera roll or synced on in the photos tab in iTunes? If they were in the camera roll, did you ever sync them to the computer? Windows and OSX recognize the phone as a camera and allow you to sync the pictures to the hard drive. If they were in the camera roll and never synced to the computer, do you have an iTunes or iCloud backup that includes them?

3. knowoneuno

knowoneuno New Member

Hi Europa,

Thanks for your reply.

I had about four to six folders and I believe they were at one time synced with the computer.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

5. knowoneuno

knowoneuno New Member

I think I "finally" figured it out and thankfully, I found my original iPad folder on my computer's hard drive. Thank goodness !