Photo of the iPhone 5C colors

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Sonny Dickson who has a history of leaking parts, including some of the iPhone 5C casings, has dropped a new photo showing the colors of the iPhone 5C. Looks pretty legit. If so, these don't look so bad. Product leaks never cast the product in the best light. This is good work by Dickson, who brings some nice high resolution photography to the table. Apple is the best at this stuff. If these look ok, wait until the real deal.

iphone-5c-colors.jpeg

Am I sold on the colors? Not sure, but I'm likely not buying one, other than for review. Oh crap, that's right, I have two iPhones I need to buy next month.

Thoughts on the iPhone 5C colors?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Rumor has it, these aren't coming to the US. These are reserved for the Asian market.
I've seen both sides of that discussion. Not sure who or what to believe at this point. Without any knowledge, I would say that it makes too much sense for Apple not to introduce the iPhone 5C in the US. It allows them an opportunity cut costs on low-end device sales. It's got to cost them a bundle selling high end iPhones cheap, simply because a new flagship has been released. I could be wrong.

If it were for Asia only, how do they handle the announcement?

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
bummer. These are too pastel/light. I was hoping for COLOR
While I intend to get the flagship device, I agree with you about the color choices.

I'm wondering why there's not a black 5C. Maybe there is but it's just not shown in the picture in order to highlight the colors? I would think a cheaper iPhone in black would be in demand more so than most other color options. But then again, they're the marketing genius, not me, lol. :)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
While I intend to get the flagship device, I agree with you about the color choices.

I'm wondering why there's not a black 5C. Maybe there is but it's just not shown in the picture in order to highlight the colors? I would think a cheaper iPhone in black would be in demand more so than most other color options. But then again, they're the marketing genius, not me, lol. :)
Black doesn't go with the vibe they're shoot for with this group of colors. There a black iPod touch 5G, but maybe they are trying to keep things as pastel as iOS 7?:confused:

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
There's no black or gold to avoid confusion between the 5S & 5C.

If there's a white 5C then my assumption is that they've a reason to believe that that 5S buyer won't object as much to the confusion or that the bump in sales in the white 5C is worth creating the confusion.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Quite surprising that the current crop of iPod Touches look to have a better build quality.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

I agree. I think if they really are making a 5C, it will be available in black and that it will be the most popular choice.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
No sure this photo is legit or maybe it's just for a Foreign market. There is no serial number and FCC info on the back just the word iPhone.