Photo on incoming call

With the 3G phone I had when I got a call anyone with a pic would show up as a full screen pic. Now with the new phone I only get a thumbnail in the top corner. I thought maybe it was a glitch from when I first synced the phone so I took a new pic with the camera and set it up. But it's still not full screen. Any thoughts?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Maybe they got rid of that feature? It was always inconsistent and confusing to people anyway, so maybe they're just going with the thumbnails only now?

Mine are all thumbnails these days because I use google and facebook sync. Anyone else still getting fullscreen caller id?

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
I know mine does this because I used google to back up/sync my contacts. Ever since I started using them the photo showed up in re upper right hand corner. I kind of like it better. Did you recently start using google to back up your contacts?

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

ivantwilliams

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 14, 2009
Even on my 3G S with iOS 4 I don't get full screen now.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I am still getting full screen.

Jan 23, 2009
Concord, NC
if u use like facebook phone app it will store your facebook friends pics on your phone under there name on facebook then u copy and paste there number to the new contact facebook did and then when they call its a full pic

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I also get full screen caller ID, I sync with MobileMe, although I did have to re-add them this time cause they looked like crap on the increased res of the retina display.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I use google sync too so I've had thumbnails for awhile. I like it better anyway. The fullsize pictures are blocked by the speakerphone/keypad/etc buttons.

Evolution8mr

Bronze
May 28, 2010
north carolina
i have full screen images on mines too never been able to get a thumbnail. always see them in the Apple commercial an be like how did they do that.

Renn27

Bronze
Jun 18, 2010
San Diego, Ca
When I had my 3G I would see a small thumbnail on calls when the contact was linked with an AIM screen name.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Is anyone getting the contact photo when receiving an email? I have a couple times but it doesn't seem to be consistent.

vrsc

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Orlando, Fl
Nope, no email pics at all. All my contacts have pics for them but no email pics

Renn27

Bronze
Jun 18, 2010
San Diego, Ca
Lon said:
Is anyone getting the contact photo when receiving an email? I have a couple times but it doesn't seem to be consistent.
You have to "hide details" for it to show up

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
Wasn't it decided a while ago or figured out is the better word that if you entered the phone and assigned it a picture in your address book on your computer then it gives you the thumbnail? For example: If i assign a contact a picture on my computer address book and then sync it to my phone, i'll get a thumbnail. But if you assign the contact a picture on the phone and then sync it to the computer, you get a full screen.

I remember a lot of debate about this with the 3G and I thought that was what was figured out....

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Wasn't it decided a while ago or figured out is the better word that if you entered the phone and assigned it a picture in your address book on your computer then it gives you the thumbnail? For example: If i assign a contact a picture on my computer address book and then sync it to my phone, i'll get a thumbnail. But if you assign the contact a picture on the phone and then sync it to the computer, you get a full screen.

I remember a lot of debate about this with the 3G and I thought that was what was figured out....
That is correct and I still get a full screen photo on the 3GS running 4.0

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
I tried it both ways and still always get a full screen. But it seems like I did get a thumbnail once, but can't remember the distinction.