Photo question?

jdxlee

Sep 26, 2007
I apoligize if this topic has already been covered...here goes...is there a way to copy the photos taken by the iPhone to PC? I have taken several photos w/ my iPhone and tried to copy them to my PC...and second question...is there a way to mass text message? It only seems like you can txt individually...thanks! (As you can see, I'm pretty new to the iPhone)

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I apoligize if this topic has already been covered...here goes...is there a way to copy the photos taken by the iPhone to PC? I have taken several photos w/ my iPhone and tried to copy them to my PC...and second question...is there a way to mass text message? It only seems like you can txt individually...thanks! (As you can see, I'm pretty new to the iPhone)

The rumor is that the next update 1.1.3 will have mass sms texting.

What is your PC OS?

When you sync your phone you should see a popup from your computer to sync your photos to the document & settings folder "MyPictures"

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
If your using Windows as the OS, just double click on "My Computer" and in the list of drives you will see Apple iPhone. Double click that and the pictures you took with the camera on the phone will be right there. You can then copy them off the phone onto your PC.
KNK's information is correct to copy pictures onto your phone from your PC and to sync a photo directory. To quickly pull the images you took on your camera and put them on your PC then my instructions above are what you want to do.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
I use Google's Picassa.

When I plug in the iPhone it auto launches and displays the phones pics, allowing me to choose which ones to copy to PC and which to delete from the iPhone.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I use Google's Picassa.

When I plug in the iPhone it auto launches and displays the phones pics, allowing me to choose which ones to copy to PC and which to delete from the iPhone.

I use adobe Album Starter and it does mine that way also. But once you start this way, you can't do it the other way like we described above.

It is one way or the other.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I use Google's Picassa.

I am confused why you need a 3rd party software item. If you go into "My Computer" and open the Apple iPhone you can view the images as thumbnails and copy off whichever ones you want, delete them, etc..

Do you use Picassa (I have never tried it so I am not sure what that is) because of other functions it does or is this just a way to get the pictures off the phone?

gibby71

Silver
Jan 8, 2008
in a galaxy far far away...
I am confused why you need a 3rd party software item. If you go into "My Computer" and open the Apple iPhone you can view the images as thumbnails and copy off whichever ones you want, delete them, etc..

Do you use Picassa (I have never tried it so I am not sure what that is) because of other functions it does or is this just a way to get the pictures off the phone?
Picassa is great. I use it all the time. Does a great job of keeping all your photos organized and easy to find on your PC. You can easily upload pic to the internet to share in photo albums. Also makes it very easy to order pictures to pick up at Walgreen's. Also you can touch up your pics if you have read eye or if its to dark/light.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
The rumor is that the next update 1.1.3 will have mass sms texting.

What is your PC OS?

When you sync your phone you should see a popup from your computer to sync your photos to the document & settings folder "MyPictures"
Sometimes the popup is hidden behind other open windows. Minimize everything and you should see the popup with a couple options as to how you want to save your pictures.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
If your using Windows as the OS, just double click on "My Computer" and in the list of drives you will see Apple iPhone. Double click that and the pictures you took with the camera on the phone will be right there. You can then copy them off the phone onto your PC.
KNK's information is correct to copy pictures onto your phone from your PC and to sync a photo directory. To quickly pull the images you took on your camera and put them on your PC then my instructions above are what you want to do.

Actually I saw what you said this morning, and I tried the "MyComputer" thing and it does not show up on mine. I am XP Pro.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Looks like these guys have you covered for the photos, and I can't help as I'm a Mac guy. But I can confirm that there is no mass texting.

Welcome to the site!

- John

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Actually I saw what you said this morning, and I tried the "MyComputer" thing and it does not show up on mine. I am XP Pro.
I have XP Pro on one of my computers at home and it works for me. Not sure why it doesn't work for you. When I attach my phone and it plays a short note to let me know it was recognized by the computer, I then have a "drive" showing named "Apple iPhone" under "My Computer" and double clicking that opens the folder holding all my images that I took with the internal camera on the phone.

Last edited by a moderator: