Photo recovery on PC displays some deleted photos from iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by feenix, Oct 9, 2015.

1. feenix

feenix New Member

I recently ran a recovery undelete for holiday photos on my Windows 10 PC because I accidentally deleted them. After viewing the recovered photos it appears photos from my girlfriends phone that definitely weren't on her phone during the last backup file creation ( the photos were from a few years earlier when we weren't together and sent through either Facebook or what's app at the time). How is this possible? The photos are originals, have never been transferred to my computer, as I am the only one who has used my pc to help back her phone up....but yet my undelete shows them!! Is it possible the deleted photos are stored in the backup file? I can't find anything like this on the internet happening before.

Her Iphone 5 is version 7.0.4.

Cheers

Feenix

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

That's very odd, indeed. Perhaps the chronology of the photographs is in question?

3. feenix

feenix New Member

Thanks for the reply rafagon, how do you mean that? I know for a fact that they definitely weren't on her phone at the time. The photos were definitely not in her phone at the time of backup...and it's odd that they would appear during a deleted recovery on my pc.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

What I meant was that maybe the photos were taken more recently than what you are being told. Maybe they were on the phone at the time of backup, but somehow hidden? If you examine the EXIF data of the photographs, do they show the same date and time of creation as you are being told?

I have no theories beyond that.