Photo Stream for iPad 2 and iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iCloud' started by J2306sjs, Jan 28, 2012.

1. J2306sjs

J2306sjs New Member

Ahhhh! I can't figure this thing out...I got all my devices updated, all of the devices have photo streaming on... but I can't get pictures from my iPhone to my iPad..or my iPhone to my computer...I can only get pics from my iPad to my computer but then I can't upload any pics from my computer to my iPad? I'm almost positive I got the folder locations right...so if yu can help that would be awesome

2. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

Photo stream will only sync " new photos" that are created on either your iPhone or iPad. They will not sync ( stream) pictures that exist on your pc to your phone or iPad. Once again, it will only share "new" pictures created on your iPhone or iPad.

#2 showguy, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
  3. JFN

JFN Member
    Bronze

So, I'm on a road trip to North Carolina to visit my daughter and grand sons, took a bunch of pictures and they won't transfer to iPad via the cloud! I believe I have everything set up properly but no joy.

Another problem I am having is, I cannot find where to log on to the cloud to see if the files are there, I have been to cloud.com and I just cannot find a login area.

4. showguy

showguy Member
    Silver

The pictures will transfer when you get back to your " home" wifi network. It does not work over 3G or edge. Often you will need to give it a few minuets to get done. I sometimes need to turn both devices off and reboot to get it to work. To setup iCloud on your pc or devices you login at www.icloud.com

5. JFN

JFN Member
    Bronze

Thanks, I am in a wifi environment and like magic the flies transferred took about an hr for 137 pictures.