Photo Stream for iPad 2 and iPhone 4

J2306sjs

Jan 28, 2012
Ahhhh! I can't figure this thing out...I got all my devices updated, all of the devices have photo streaming on... but I can't get pictures from my iPhone to my iPad..or my iPhone to my computer...I can only get pics from my iPad to my computer but then I can't upload any pics from my computer to my iPad? I'm almost positive I got the folder locations right...so if yu can help that would be awesome

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Photo stream will only sync " new photos" that are created on either your iPhone or iPad. They will not sync ( stream) pictures that exist on your pc to your phone or iPad. Once again, it will only share "new" pictures created on your iPhone or iPad.

Last edited by a moderator:

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
So, I'm on a road trip to North Carolina to visit my daughter and grand sons, took a bunch of pictures and they won't transfer to iPad via the cloud! I believe I have everything set up properly but no joy.

Another problem I am having is, I cannot find where to log on to the cloud to see if the files are there, I have been to cloud.com and I just cannot find a login area.

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
The pictures will transfer when you get back to your " home" wifi network. It does not work over 3G or edge. Often you will need to give it a few minuets to get done. I sometimes need to turn both devices off and reboot to get it to work. To setup iCloud on your pc or devices you login at www.icloud.com

JFN

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
Nor Cal
Thanks, I am in a wifi environment and like magic the flies transferred took about an hr for 137 pictures.