Photo syncing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i robot, Mar 6, 2008.

1. i robot

i robot Member
    Silver

Hi Guys in prep for my new iPhone I want to get my top pics synced. However I have 24gb of photos on iphoto whats the best way to set up the sync and only get my top rated photos on the iPhone

2. geordisjd

geordisjd Zealot
    Bronze

Make up albums (in iPhoto) of pics that you want to put on your iPhone. Connect your iPhone. All the albums' names will appears in iTunes under the "Photos" section. Select the albums you want and "apply". They will automatically copy on iPhone.

3. i robot

i robot Member
    Silver

One more thing a lot of my photos are top quality (3-4mb) from my Canon 400D does the syncing process optimise the photos automatically (reducing the size) or do I have to do the file size reduction myself

4. geordisjd

geordisjd Zealot
    Bronze

They will automatically be resized from 640 x 480 on iPhone. No need do anything else...

5. i robot

i robot Member
    Silver

Billiant Thanks:laugh2:

6. iiPaDFooT

iiPaDFooT Member
    Bronze

I've never had an iPhone before this one, only an iPod Touch, so syncing did what it needed to, put the pictures from Aperture to my iPod. Now that I have an iDevice with a camera... does iTunes sync FROM the iPhone too? Or just TO the iPhone? I took a few pictures today and just sync'ed with my macbook and nothing. Do I have to e-mail/sync another way, is this not controlled through iTunes like everything else is?

7. iiPaDFooT

iiPaDFooT Member
    Bronze

Nevermind I figured it out. I actually had to open up Aperture myself and click on Import. With my Droid, when I plugged it into my computer after taking a picture, it would automatically open up Aperture and ask me if I wanted to Import. I guess I just kinda figured iTunes would do it automatically like it does everything else, instead of having to do it myself.

8. Rugaby

Rugaby Genius
    Gold

Ok maybe I am repeating a thread but I apologize in advance. When I sync my phone this is saving everything on my phone to my computer correct?
    If that is the case where does it all go. Specifically my pictures?
    I am trying to save the pics to where ever and then put them in different folders and put them back on my phone.
    Now when I sync I can see where I can select a photo folder from my computer and sync it which I am assuming takes pics from my computer and puts then on my phone. If that is correct does it delete the ones that are Allready on my phone?
    Hope this wasn't to confusing. Thanks all for reading and helping

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using iCafe app !

9. wellcare

wellcare New Member

i am having the same problem whenever i sync my i phone with iTunes to transfer photos from pc to iPhone it deletes the previously added folders and photos how to save my previously added photos

10. xxsirvtecxx

xxsirvtecxx Member
    Bronze

I'm a long time iPhone owner, I currently have a 32GB iPhone 4 with a ton of photos and video...like well over 4k of pics & vids combined. So I wanted to take all that off my current phone and I thought I knew how to do so, but for some odd reason I can't do it. Maybe some of you gurus out there can help me out?

I have the phone synced with iTunes newest version (10.7.0.21) I went to the photos tab under my iPhone and selected a blank folder on my desktop so it can sync all the photos into that folder for back up, well its not doing anything? Why am I having such a problem, honestly I'm not this air headed lol, but wtf is going on, a side note im using a windows based laptop since my macbook pro is strictly for my music & Dj-ing

11. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Open your iPhone in My Computer on your PC. It will be an external drive. Open the folders until you get to your photos and videos and paste them into your designated folder on your PC. You can then delete them from your iPhone from there also.

12. xxsirvtecxx

xxsirvtecxx Member
    Bronze

i've tried to delete them with that method, granted i've backed all the stuff on the phone onto my desktop, i cant just delete them from the phone from that method....its weird...i was able to do it on my last laptop but not this one for some reason?