PhotoBoard: Multi-Touch Photo Browser

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I just jailbroke to wipe out some old modified files on my filesystem, and in the process of getting MobileFinder, I fell across this application, PhotoBoard.

It's a Minority Report-ish photo browser allowing resizing of all kinds. It allows multiple photos form your Camera Roll to be on the screen at once, and can place all of the photos active into a group. It also displays your current wallpaper in the background, a nice touch.

Kind of pointless, as you can't save any changes, but very fun, all the same. Developed by CedSoft.

- John

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
It is a very fun app as you say, and I think the guy has plans to add features. It's definitely one that has high 'show off' value with family / friends in terms of showing iPhone capbilities.
One that is quite close to it that is also a ton of fun (and also suffers from same limitations on no save, and no ability to select a photo) is Real Artist - lets you wildly distort and twist an image.
And TuneWiki for song lyrics sync with your music is another fun one that came out this weekend, as long as you're jailbroke again ...

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
I just jailbroke to wipe out some old modified files on my filesystem, and in the process of getting MobileFinder, I fell across this application, PhotoBoard.

It's a Minority Report-ish photo browser allowing resizing of all kinds. It allows multiple photos form your Camera Roll to be on the screen at once, and can place all of the photos active into a group. It also displays your current wallpaper in the background, a nice touch.

Kind of pointless, as you can't save any changes, but very fun, all the same. Developed by CedSoft.

- John

Must... Resist... Urge... To... Jailbreak.......

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
I also have this app. I think it would be nice if somehow I could Hook up my iPhone to my TV by TVOUt and have my iPhone Screen play on the TV. Then I can show off my Pictures pimp style.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
It is a very fun app as you say, and I think the guy has plans to add features. It's definitely one that has high 'show off' value with family / friends in terms of showing iPhone capbilities.
One that is quite close to it that is also a ton of fun (and also suffers from same limitations on no save, and no ability to select a photo) is Real Artist - lets you wildly distort and twist an image.
And TuneWiki for song lyrics sync with your music is another fun one that came out this weekend, as long as you're jailbroke again ...
Actually, there is a photo selection in the latest version. When you select 'Roll', your Camera Roll comes up, and you can select a photo.

- John

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Also, a funny thing about this is that it kills the Microsoft Surface. Heard about it? It'a table that does exactly what PhotoBoard does, and that's it.

Funny, we can do that on our iPhones too. What? Oh wait, ours can make phone calls too? Can the surface do that? I don't think so.

- John

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
yes the latest version is greatly improved. You aren't forced to have the 9-1-1 site photo anymore, and of course can pick your photos from the camera roll.

But it also seems better at zooming. And if you have more than one photo on the "table" (;)) the active one is on top. Before, IIRC, they were kept ordered so it was hard to view a top picture full-screen.

In any case, this is an app sure to WOW those who've never seen anything like it before (which will be most everyone!).

You might not be seeing the latest version, which I think is 0.3.2, in Installer. If you only see 0.2.1

--
Mike

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
yes the latest version is greatly improved. You aren't forced to have the 9-1-1 site photo anymore, and of course can pick your photos from the camera roll.

But it also seems better at zooming. And if you have more than one photo on the "table" (;)) the active one is on top. Before, IIRC, they were kept ordered so it was hard to view a top picture full-screen.

In any case, this is an app sure to WOW those who've never seen anything like it before (which will be most everyone!).

You might not be seeing the latest version, which I think is 0.3.2, in Installer. If you only see 0.2.1

--
Mike
New version sounds like definitely a major step up - excellent. And you're right - it is not showing up as yet in Installer ...

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
New version sounds like definitely a major step up - excellent. And you're right - it is not showing up as yet in Installer ...
Hi Patrick,

It is available via Installer if you add the CedSoft source:
http://prog.cedsoft.free.fr

The only thing is after installing Installer will think you have an "update" to version 0.2.1, which is coming from the Ste source.

--
Mike

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Hi Patrick,

It is available via Installer if you add the CedSoft source:
http://prog.cedsoft.free.fr

The only thing is after installing Installer will think you have an "update" to version 0.2.1, which is coming from the Ste source.

--
Mike
Cool, thanks Mike. I'll go add that in a sec :)

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
A very pointless app, but really neat to show off the awesome capabilities of the iPhone. LG Voyager, suck it!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
You know, this is why I come to this site. I wasn't going to install this app but since you guys where discussing it I was curious. I installed it and it is pretty cool. Thanks guys.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
What would be the sh1tz is to be able to save a board configuration as a wallpaper, the select it for use. :cool::cool::cool:
I've taken screenshots of it, but yeah, that would be great.

- John