PhotoFunia - Have You Tried It?

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
So I stumbled upon this new free photo app that is actually pretty cool. It isn't a photo editor but lets you upload photos from your iPhone's camera roll or other folders into various photo effect templates.

The app has face recognition technology and it rearranges your photo into templates such as billboards, art galleries, sidewalk art, etc.

It's hard to describe but very easy to figure out. Even the developers did a poor job of explaining the app in the app store and the screen shots do it no justice at all.

I'll include an example of a warhol template I used with my friend's pic.

Here's the original:

And with the warhol effect:

It's a promising app that's loads of fun to play around with. Currently it's got almost 100 templates to chose from, many of which are pretty creative.

Here's one of the sidewalk chalk effect:

Seriously download this cool lil app. You'll like it. It's called PhotoFunia and it's free!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Sweet find, man! This app is incredibly fun. And free is, well, FREE! Get it...

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Just when I think I've had enough I think about another awesome pic I've got that will work so well in such and such template. It's addicting and some of the outputs are amazing.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
He's got small ads at the bottom of the app now. I'm sure once it gains some popularity this will become a lite version. I'd certainly pay for an ad free version especially f he were to continue to update the templates.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
That's a funia little app. I'm surprised it's even free. I'm wondering though, is it safe to be uploading all these photos to their servers?

Jun 30, 2009
An wonderful app. The dev is nothing but only genius. He is so kind that made it free. It's features amazes me. Very helpful informaton. Thank you @MileHighRob.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
That's a funia little app. I'm surprised it's even free. I'm wondering though, is it safe to be uploading all these photos to their servers?
Yeah, I don't expect it to be free for much longer honestly. I'm really not that concerned about uploading photos to their servers and don't think it's a security risk. For what reason should we be concerned over the safety of this practice?

Mar 2, 2009
California
PhotoFunia is great, I never thought there'd be an app for it as I've used it many times online. I'll definitely download it.

BTW, check out the online site below.

Click me

Mar 2, 2009
California
I'd post a link but for some reason its copying some sort of local temp directory in iTunes