Photos are missing?

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
So a few pictures ive taken with my iPhone 3g are missing from my camera roll. (its not full or displaying wrong, theres only 15 photos in mine not 1500 like another thread).

I have a picture of a friend, and i remember making it a Caller ID picture ages ago. I never deleted the picture in my camera roll at all but now its missing. Idk what to do to get it back since the picture is still there as the caller ID pic but i cant move it and i don't want to lose the picture.

(The picture was from a very memorable event that happened during a birthday.) One of those special moment pictures that cant be duplicated.

Is there a way to get the picture? SSH? somehow? please help me out.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Open contact - tap edit - tap the picture - tap edit photo - press home button & power button to take a screen shot - photo is now back in camara roll. But since it was a screen shot it shows everything that was on the screen so you may have to email it to your PC to trim it.

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
Not that I know of but what I suggested is pretty easy and it gets your lost photo on your PC as well so that if your phone is lost or damaged you still have your picture. All you have to do is trim off the top and bottom.