Photos Are Upside Down AHHHHH

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
I have this strange problem with any photo I take on the iPhone if i turn the phone sideways to take a landscape picture then DL the picture to my MacBook the image thumbnail is sideways, but when you open it in Preview or iPhoto it comes out straight.
This doesn't really bother me it's when I sync them back to my iPhone they go on sideways or upside down.

It's driving me out of my F'N mind HELP!

:mad:

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I have this strange problem with any photo I take on the iPhone if i turn the phone sideways to take a landscape picture then DL the picture to my MacBook the image thumbnail is sideways, but when you open it in Preview or iPhoto it comes out straight.
This doesn't really bother me it's when I sync them back to my iPhone they go on sideways or upside down.

It's driving me out of my F'N mind HELP!

:mad:
I had this issue with an older version of iPhoto...it was maddening. I had to take the photo into photoshop and rotate it...then copy and paste it into a new file. Newer versions of iphoto handle the rotate differently.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I'm stumped. Even taking pics with the iPhone upside-down, iPhone turns it around and sends it to iPhoto (and back) the right way. Did this persist even after a Restore?

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Guys, just get rid of the EXIF tag that rotates the image and rotate it yourself properly. I suggest a JPEG lossless rotate since it won't degrade your image.

For some weird reason the iPhone obeys the EXIF tag in the camera roll but not in any other album...

I'm on Windows and use this:
http://www.xnview.com/

This option is available in Edit -> Metadata -> Clean