Photos go to two different folders?

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by SuperBoyd, Dec 19, 2011.

1. SuperBoyd

SuperBoyd New Member

Ok please help. I'm new to the Apple community. My wife just got the iPhone 4S. I set up cloud and photos are saved to my computer like I want them too. However there is a small issue. When she takes photos some go to the camera roll folder and some go to the photo stream folder on the phone. We never know which folder its going to choose? How do I make it choose the photo stream folder?

2. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

Really, they should all go to both. The camera roll is all pics, then the photo stream are just thumbnails to show you what's saved in it.

3. SuperBoyd

SuperBoyd New Member

A buddy of mine here told me the same thing too. However that is not the case. I must be doing something wrong.

4. verwon

verwon Evangelist
    Gold

I don't know what you could be doing wrong, if photo stream is turned on. It should be automatic.

5. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

Photo stream is your backup to iCloud. It updates whenever wifi is enabled. If you take a pic with wifi off it will not go to photo stream. When you turn wifi on that pic will automatically upload on photo stream & iCloud.

6. MistyDB72

MistyDB72 New Member

How do u delete the extra folder or pics in the extra folder you don't want or need? I have searched this everywhere and can't find it.

MistyDB972

7. VOLS34

VOLS34 Zealot
    Gold

The photo stream show photos that backup on iCloud. You can go into iCloud settings & turn it off & delete what you have backed up.

8. MistyDB72

MistyDB72 New Member

Thank you do much. I will try this. I hate having duplicates and taking up space in my phones memory. I liked this phone in the beginning when I got it a couple years ago but with all the trouble I have had from it, I will be ready for the change but not sure to what yet!

MistyDB972