Photos on iPhone

bnel851

Dec 19, 2007
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Hey all - yes, I'm a newbie and have searched the website but have yet to find out how to upload personal photos from my computer to my iPhone. When I sync my iPhone with itune (7.5) I do not have a subtopic for photos like I do for music, movie...ect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
I created a separate folder on my computer for pics for the iPhone. Mainly because I do not want every picture I have on the phone. This way you can also have sub-folders if you want. When you go into iTunes, you can go to the photos tab and pick the folder you want to sync to.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Hey all - yes, I'm a newbie and have searched the website but have yet to find out how to upload personal photos from my computer to my iPhone. When I sync my iPhone with itune (7.5) I do not have a subtopic for photos like I do for music, movie...ect.

Thanks!
Received an e-mail that you made another post. I don't see it here but from what you said you have no photo tab in iTunes when the phone is connected. That is flat strange. The only thing I know to do is to reinstall iTunes and see if that works.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch

Thanks!

If you are on a PC you can go to Adobe.com and download a free Album Starter Edition 3.2 ( maybe newer by now). This is what I use for creating separate themes. Also you can download the photos from your camera roll into you Album Starter, format them, save into new album, then they will sync into the phone via iTunes.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
If you are on a PC you can go to Adobe.com and download a free Album Starter Edition 3.2 ( maybe newer by now). This is what I use for creating separate themes. Also you can download the photos from your camera roll into you Album Starter, format them, save into new album, then they will sync into the phone via iTunes.
What he is trying to say is that there is no photo tab on iTunes when the phone is synced. I thought the same thing that you did at first, but I got an e-mail that he made another post saying no tab in iTunes. I don't see the post here but responded anyway.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
What he is trying to say is that there is no photo tab on iTunes when the phone is synced. I thought the same thing that you did at first, but I got an e-mail that he made another post saying no tab in iTunes. I don't see the post here but responded anyway.

I think he is talking about a Tab in the iTunes not in the Summary when the phone is docked. He is lookinging for a tab in iTunes to put the photos, but it does not work that way. You need the Adobe Starter kit.

Jan 1, 2008
I think he is talking about a Tab in the iTunes not in the Summary when the phone is docked. He is lookinging for a tab in iTunes to put the photos, but it does not work that way. You need the Adobe Starter kit.
Do I really need to Adobe Starter kit to sync photos to iTunes?

Also, I'm currently a PC user (Vista) and everytime I tried to sync photos to my iPhone, the computer crashes. Not even one single picture can be sync as it still crashes! Have anyone had this problem before? I assume everyone is a mac user, but help me out!

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Do I really need to Adobe Starter kit to sync photos to iTunes?

Also, I'm currently a PC user (Vista) and everytime I tried to sync photos to my iPhone, the computer crashes. Not even one single picture can be sync as it still crashes! Have anyone had this problem before? I assume everyone is a mac user, but help me out!

Use the Starter kit, trust me.

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Where is it getting the photos in XP?
From the "My Pictures" folder on my C drive. Like somebody else mentioned, I have a sub folder in there called iPhone and any pictures I want to transfer to my phone are put there. I then sync only that sub folder. Works like a charm.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
From the "My Pictures" folder on my C drive. Like somebody else mentioned, I have a sub folder in there called iPhone and any pictures I want to transfer to my phone are put there. I then sync only that sub folder. Works like a charm.
But that is all the picture at a time right?

What if you want sub folders of Kids, Party, etc.?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
But that is all the picture at a time right?

What if you want sub folders of Kids, Party, etc.?
It can be done. I have a folder named iPhone pics. I can have subfolders labeled party,vacation, ect. in the iPhone pics folder. When I sync these show up on the phone.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
It can be done. I have a folder named iPhone pics. I can have subfolders labeled party,vacation, ect. in the iPhone pics folder. When I sync these show up on the phone.

Well, I guess I finally learned something new today.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Glad I can do something in return for all I have learned from you.:cool:

Well the thing is this with that......................................>>

Once you go with adobe your summary tab shows all your pics and folders, but if you change the tab to myPictures (your way) you can not see the Adobe. So it is one way or another. I like the adobe starter because you can rotate, crop, color balance, red eye, resize, crop, put in order with a click of the button.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Well the thing is this with that......................................>>

Once you go with adobe your summary tab shows all your pics and folders, but if you change the tab to myPictures (your way) you can not see the Adobe. So it is one way or another. I like the adobe starter because you can rotate, crop, color balance, red eye, resize, crop, put in order with a click of the button.
I understand. I just do all that before I put them in the iPhone folder. I may not put every picture from an event on the phone. But either way works. Just what you like or get used to. I shoot in raw format so I have to use a different program for photo processing.