Photos won't sync

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kerrynyc, Oct 20, 2011.

1. kerrynyc

kerrynyc Member
    Bronze

Meh! I have an issue, maybe someone can be of assistance?

I backed EVERYTHING up on my old iPhone this morning before I had it swapped out, (I had an issue where the iPhone only let me hear calls Via Speaker Phone or Ear Buds) but the new iPhone won't synch all of my photos:( I'm just confused because last week, in an effort to try and fix the problem myself, I backed up my old iPhone and reset the iPhone to factory settings to see if that would help the issue of me not being able to hear the internal speaker (it didn't) but regardless, when I plugged it back in and "restored" it, all my photos and videos where there.

I don't understand why the new iPhone I got this morning isn't recognizing the photos. My album had about 300 photos and lots of cool concert videos, but my camera roll is telling me I have only 68 photos/videos.

I always, always, alwaysssss have the check marked to synch everything, most importantly the photos.

Why oh why do my iPhones continue to smite me!? haha forgive the dramatics, I'm just sad that I may not be able to retrieve my photos. The weird thing is that my camera roll icon shows the last photo I took on my old iPhone... which was a bike rack lol. But when I click to see all photos... it only shows the super old photos from months ago. Maybe a glitch or something?

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I remember reading about this somewhere on here I think.
    Thinking if you try syncing again. I can't remember if you were supposed to uncheck the sync photos, sync then recheck the box and sync again.... So ease don't go by my word on it. Let me search a round here or maybe someone else remembers ?

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I know I have deleted the stuff in this folder with no I'll effects. I found this in an see thread here. May be worth a shot. ?

1.search your pc for a folder named "iPod Photo Cache"
    (include hidden and system folders when you are searching)
    2.Then click on it and Delete the file
    (make sure that iTunes is CLOSED when ya doing this)
    3.Go to iTunes and select the photo folders you want to sync
    4.Then a message will pop up and say that "this phone has been synced with a different album BLAH BLAH BLAH!
    5.Click ok

4. kerrynyc

kerrynyc Member
    Bronze

Thanks for the input roofmonkey! I have a Mac at home... I wonder if the instructions would be different. I am out currently but when I get home I would like to try something. I've synched this phone like 4 times already to no avail haha. I feel like I may have read somewhere about Un-checking the sync photos then syncing and then re-checking it.... Or maybe I'm just confused haha.

It's just weird how I've never had to do this before and I've had 4 iPhones! Mehhhhh! I've never recalled having Un-check anything... But maybe the new IOS 5 has something to do with it... I have no clue!

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

That is so what I've heard. Uncheck, sync, recheck photos / folders, then resync. I didn't want to mention it and it wipe out all of your pics ;)

6. kerrynyc

kerrynyc Member
    Bronze

Haha yeah I'm sitting here at my computer and I'm going back and forth as to whether I should do this or not.... Aghh I wish all my photos and videos would have just synched to begin with. Boo! Haha

7. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Let us know what happens and which course you took to get it fixed.

8. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

Had the same thing happen to me when I installed IOS5 and this is what I did.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

9. kerrynyc

kerrynyc Member
    Bronze

I just now tried the uncheck, sync, recheck photos/folders, then re-sync thing, but it didn't work... so I decided to just try another "restore" and that seemed to do the trick. I clicked the restore option from yesterday morning when I backed up phone before I brought it to Apple and it worked. Still don't know why it didn't work yesterday, since I clicked the same restore... but it works so I won't complain! :)

10. dturner

dturner Zealot
    Gold

That's the main thing. Glad you got it fixed.

Sent from my iPad using iCafe app

11. kerrynyc

kerrynyc Member
    Bronze

Thanks, me too!

12. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Something else to do: when you connect your phone, your computer should see it as a device. Click your way to the photos & videos, select all and copy them to a separate folder on the computer. I do this all the time. IF you loose a photo, etc... You may ready have it on your machine and not have to do a restore to get them back.
    Of course, syncing them to iCloud is kinda the same thing.