Pic and Video of iPhone kiosks

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lips2000

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Houston, TX
So, I walked into the local AT&T store tonight to get some info on the iPhone and what is sitting to the right? This honk'n thing:

Took a quick pic and looked around and started the video camera on my Treo 700w (That's why the quality is so bad, sorry). Chatted with the nice sales associate all the while filming away. She didn't mind so neither did I.

Here's the video I took (actually three 30 second vids just cut together):

A couple of things regarding the kiosks:

1. There will be two real iPhones in the 2 docks stationed at each kiosk (just now realized I should have taken a freak'n picture of the backside of the dock!)
2. There is a small touch-screen that will actually have an iPhone interface that you can play with and view on the big screen above
3. There is new stuff in the video and the interface is very nice looking.

That is all I know for now and please, don't ask where this is. I don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Enjoy!

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Looks good but it also seems like a big timewaste for me.

I don't want people playing around and LOOKING at the phone on the 29th. I want them in and out. I don't even want anyone to see it before they buy it.

Get in, Get Out, Get On.

This just looks like a massive time waste that is going to limit their ability to sell iPhones on launch efficiently.

Lips2000

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
Houston, TX
You were standing there for more than 30 second and I am assuming you didn't walk away the second the recording stopped so did you hear anything?
You hear me ask her about it and what she said was: "No. It will be the unlimited plan that exists today. $39.99 for text and data."

Mark

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
There is one shot in your video I found interesting. Where a hand comes up from the bottom of the screen with the the thumb and index finger together. Then the two digits separate and the words iPhone appear between them.

I have to wonder if this finger gesture will be a way of navigating on the iPhone screen. It would be a useful gesture to use when surfing for example. Push the fingers apart and the page zooms in, push them together and the page zooms out. This would be very similar to navigation techniques I have seen used on larger touch screens.

- SR

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Very cool picture and video Mark. With POS like that, I don't think they're going to have any problems closing the sale.

Look how the Apple stores will be tempting consumers:

ahactor

Bronze
Apr 4, 2007
Hickland, OH
There is one shot in your video I found interesting. Where a hand comes up from the bottom of the screen with the the thumb and index finger together. Then the two digits separate and the words iPhone appear between them.

I have to wonder if this finger gesture will be a way of navigating on the iPhone screen. It would be a useful gesture to use when surfing for example. Push the fingers apart and the page zooms in, push them together and the page zooms out. This would be very similar to navigation techniques I have seen used on larger touch screens.

- SR
We already know that that is a motion. It is how you zoom in and out of photos.

ebrunn

Silver
Feb 6, 2007
Minneapolis
That lady is sooo out of the loop.

According to AT&T spokesman Mark Siegel, a report today that AT&T will wait until the day of iPhone’s launch to disclose rate plans for the device is inaccurate. “We will disclose before the 29th,” said Siegel, noting that customers will be able to show up at stores that day knowing how much they will be charged for both the apple-developed hardware and AT&T’s cellular service plans. “It’s not going to be anything exotic,” Siegel told iLounge, confirming that there will be separate voice and data services components to its iPhone service plans, rather than the one-size-fits-all plans some had expected. As previously stated by both companies, and re-confirmed by Siegel, a two-year service commitment will still be required.
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ne...9-rate-plan-claim-will-announce-earlier/10375